• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Am I being trolled by Amazon

The place near the thing we went that time
So I have recently made a few purchases on Amazon of firearms related products. A few parts a few accessories and what not. Today I had an envelope with no return address, but emblazoned with Prime Day July 15-16 all over it. Inside with no invoice or any other paper was a book. ‘The Hidden History of Guns and the Second Amendment” by Thom Hartman. Straight up gun control drivel.

There is no way I ordered this and no one that knows me would send it to me.

Discuss

Well this should be fun. If it were me I would play along and order a few more items that are gun related. Nothing real expensive, but something like $20 to see what happens.

Probably some SJW employee who thinks they can educate you.... or a processing mistake. Never the less, what’s $20 to have some fun or get some gear you will like?

Examples: Snap caps, targets, bumper stickers, lube, cleaner, clp, leadoff wipes, etc...

Amazon and Siri conspiracy! Clear cookies in between site visits and before shutting down. Your virus checker is also checking and selling your browsing history.

Since I clear my browsing history so often, I get notices of suspicious activity from my email provider. "Every" site tags you and sells your activity!

Last edited:
"Today I had an envelope with no return address, but emblazoned with Prime Day July 15-16 all over it. Inside with no invoice or any other paper was a book."

I've been getting Amazon shipments fairly regularly, in fact I got one yesterday. They used to put receipts and return instructions for the shipped item in the box, not anymore. Check out your order history. Once you login to Amazon the "Orders" button is at the top right of the screen and will show you anything recent. Also check your credit card. If there is no sign of it in either place don't worry about it and go have a book barbecue.

1. You can check your order history on Zamazom.

2. Envelope. Book. Either a big-ass envelope or a small-ass "book".

Wonder if it's the same guy that supposedly mailed a box of Federal Fusion 308 to a guy in MA who freaked out and posted all over social media how he had spent hours trying to find a way to dispose of it.

Some people just want to watch the world burn,

Are you an Amazon Vine member (yes, another layer of the Amazon onion)? Those are trusted reviewers. They sometimes get free products to review, as Amazon (or rather, their clients) appreciate the well thought out feedback. Books seem to be one of the more common reviewer freebies. You'd probably know though, as this program is invite only.

Talking about being trolled by FAANG though: My office recently got Nest cameras. They are cloud based and have 2 way communications. We've started to notice that whenever we talk about something in the office, suspiciously similar ads start showing up on anything related to Google while logged into the same G account as the Nest cameras. I swear the cameras are listening to us and picking up key words.

I think the strangest thing from Amazon I got was a book of lesbian poetry and a book on sociology of LGTBQIA. Obviously someone sent the wrong items mixed with my stuff but amazon did to keep it. The books went into the trash shortly afterwards. Strange thing was that I received all my stuff and wasn’t charged for what I started callling the mt Holyoke/smith college special.

I think the strangest thing from Amazon I got was a book of lesbian poetry and a book on sociology of LGTBQIA. Obviously someone sent the wrong items mixed with my stuff but amazon did to keep it. The books went into the trash shortly afterwards. Strange thing was that I received all my stuff and wasn’t charged for what I started callling the mt Holyoke/smith college special.

sure-i-believe-eixmqe.jpg

Odds are a person you know is trolling you rather than Amazon.
This.

Virtually no one at a Amazon fulfillment center has access to who ordered what/where the package is going. The packers scan the item ordered which generates a barcode label that starts with the letters sp beneath the code itself, that barcode has your info in it(if you can't see it chances are it's under the shipping label). As it moves through the building on the conveyors to the truck it's scanned and weighed, the conveyors scanners read the code and the labeling machines place the actual shipping label on the package. Now if the package size/weight is off from what the computer expects it to be it gets "kicked out" to a problem solver. Too much packing material, kicked out. Packer didn't place/placed the wrong label/scanned the incorrect sp******** label, kicked out. Believe me, if it gets kicked out the few folks working that area haven't the time to GAS what you ordered when the building is shipping 20-30K a shift.

It's pretty rare that a package makes it past the conveyors scanners/scales, if the wrong item is in the box and it gets by it's probably just dumb luck that the product falls within the weight variance allowed. There's a much much rarer instance where it could possibly happen but those chances are sooooo unlikely it isn't even worth getting into.

And to answer the question I'm asked most frequently. Those times when you've ordered something and received it in an ungodly disproportionately sized box is because the packer overrode the suggested box size. Mainly that happens because the folks whose sole job is to bring the flattened boxes to the packers happen to be lazbags who get sorted out quickly. At that point the packer can choose to either wait(and watch their hourly minimum drop), or they can pack it in a larger box which allows it to get past the scales*/scanners.

*Within reason. If you ordered a blue ray and a car battery finds it's way into the box it's gonna get kicked out.

You could always contact Amazon and tell them you have received something you did not order. If it was shipped through Amazon they will for sure know who sent it to you.
Amazon doesnt care. They will tell you to keep it.
Calling them is a waste of time.

Are you an Amazon Vine member (yes, another layer of the Amazon onion)? Those are trusted reviewers. They sometimes get free products to review, as Amazon (or rather, their clients) appreciate the well thought out feedback. Books seem to be one of the more common reviewer freebies. You'd probably know though, as this program is invite only.

Talking about being trolled by FAANG though: My office recently got Nest cameras. They are cloud based and have 2 way communications. We've started to notice that whenever we talk about something in the office, suspiciously similar ads start showing up on anything related to Google while logged into the same G account as the Nest cameras. I swear the cameras are listening to us and picking up key words.
Well you must be under a rock if you don’t think they have been for years

Back
Top Bottom