Air pistol to keep me busy

Viper22

NES Member
Here's a Gamo P-23 I've had for awhile. I just picked up the Daisy electronic point sight for it. It helps big time since the stock sights aren't any good. With the electronic sight (more of a red-dot) the air pistol is so much more fun...It'll keep me busy while I wait for my LTC. (I'm applying Sunday!) Sorry for the crappy pic.

DSC01232_2_.JPG

Last edited:
Air Pistols are great, even after you have your LTC. I know if I'm in a crappy mood (even in the middle of the night) it always makes me feel better to head down to the basement and fire off some pellets. Just be sure to get a decent trap and wear safety glasses, ricochets off concrete can be dangerous.[wink]

Air Pistols are great, even after you have your LTC. I know if I'm in a crappy mood (even in the middle of the night) it always makes me feel better to head down to the basement and fire off some pellets. Just be sure to get a decent trap and wear safety glasses, ricochets off concrete can be dangerous.[wink]

Theres no room in the basement! For now I'll have to stick to the outdoors, but with the next week supposed to be all rain, I might have to take a ride to Dick's and get a pellet trap and clear some room in the basement.

So since the weather is going to be not so good for the next week or so, I set up a backstop in the basement made from some old catalogs...it stops bb's ok, but lead pellets ricochet off. I like shooting lead pellets better, since the bb's don't feed well and they don't get fired with every pull of the trigger. I guess I'll go to Dick's Sporting Goods tomorrow and pick up a pellet trap so I can shoot lead pellets.

The red-dot is working excellent, its the best 8 bucks I could have spent on any type of scope for the pellet pistol. Once I get the pellet trap I'll get a range report. [mg]

Range Report - Me vs. My Dad

So I printed off some targets and had a little competition between me and my father....His shots are circled in red, mine in black (5 shots per target)....he won 2 out of 3. I got him on the last one. It was set up with about 12 or 13 feet from the target to the muzzle of the air pistol.

The first pick was a little practice on a 2" inner ring
DSC01240.JPG

This was the competition target.
DSC01245.JPG

I had a few flyers on the first two targets, and my dad had a flyer on the last...if he didn't the last set would have been real close

Here's a Gamo P-23 I've had for awhile. I just picked up the Daisy electronic point sight for it. It helps big time since the stock sights aren't any good. With the electronic sight (more of a red-dot) the air pistol is so much more fun...It'll keep me busy while I wait for my LTC. (I'm applying Sunday!) Sorry for the crappy pic.

DSC01232_2_.JPG

That's a good-looking Gamo P-23 you've got there and the photo isn't crappy at all. You've got good definition, color, lighting and backdrop, an excellent photo in my humble opinion.

It's nice to see and hear about your range report with your Dad. It brings back fond memories of years gone by, enjoy them and thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom