AIM Surplus Black Nitride BCG

Nailed it, as usual...

Bad, really, REALLY bad, staking is pretty much useless. If you can get the bolts to turn by hand, with minimal force, it's unsafe. From what I saw of the AIM BCG, it's done well/properly... Right dropride??

You hold it with the bolt in the BCG (recessed back in) and flick your hand and the bolt should extend out fully/quickly. From what I hear/know, a properly made BCG (correctly cleaned/lubed for standard materials) will extend out quickly. The black nitride bolt did this bone dry. I believe boron nitride BCG's act this way too.

Not really a useful test. A bolt with worn out rings will do the same thing.

I finally got my AR finished, or so I thought. When I did the headspace check, the bolt will not close. I am using the AIM bolt and a wilson bull barrel. Any thoughts?

So, I took the bolt out of a SW MP15 I have and check the head space on new AR (with wilson barrel) using that bolt.....Everything is fine. I then put AIM bolt in the MP15, had same issue not being able to close bolt with Min gauge. I am guessing I need a new bolt......

I finally got my AR finished, or so I thought. When I did the headspace check, the bolt will not close. I am using the AIM bolt and a wilson bull barrel. Any thoughts?

What gauge are you using? Did you strip the bolt. Did you clean everything nice. New ain't clean. Lots packing anti rust shut on new parts.

I went with the NIBX From AIM for 109 shipped and its flawless, wipes clean and is slick to the touch.

Yeah I'm really liking the NIBX BCG. I noticed they have one that is all NiB (including the bolt) and is $10 cheaper?

Yeah I'm really liking the NIBX BCG. I noticed they have one that is all NiB (including the bolt) and is $10 cheaper?

Looking at these I found something to be interesting. The only part MPI is the bolt. Not the carrier?
Also I notice that the carrier key is investment caston some models.I don't know if this is good bad or normal?
Sourcing parts to try and finish off the collection of parts into rifles....
Just read the description closely.

I might be wrong but the AIM v2 seems like one of the better deals?

Last edited:

Still undecided....part of me wants to buy another match barrel with matched bolt for min headspace. Like my varmint build. Then another part of me says just slap together a 16" target crowned carbine

I also am leaning towards building a rifle that will be legal in the CMP modern military match. The new rules will be out on the 5th.?
Or just buy a 79$ aim bolt and a run of the mil barrel to dump cheap ammo through???

What gauge are you using? Did you strip the bolt. Did you clean everything nice. New ain't clean. Lots packing anti rust shut on new parts.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply, that post is almost two years old. lol

Ive been eyeing that one and the Evolution 3.0 very undecided on a bolt to match my Green Mountain 20" 223 Wylde barrel. How much can the bolt affect accuracy?

I don't know about accuracy but my match bolt barrel is will just barely close on the go gauge vs the sloppy closing of my off the shelf AR. Also on the no go gauge there's a huge difference also.

I think if your just going to shoot m193 m855 or inexpensive ammo with a NATO chamber it matters not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom