Bravo Company BCGs

I have one and haven’t had a single issue with it but I have probably under 1k rounds on it but I got it years ago and probably paid under $160 shipped. I believe they use an enhanced/upgraded extractor. Don’t k or if they are worth what they sell them for today but if I was looking for another BCG I would consider them or spikes. Just my $0.02.

What makes it "worth" it? Unlimited reliability? Cleans by just blowing on it? If you just want it to cycle and do it's job and never worry about it, that can be had for under $100 nowadays. If you absolutely need Gucci, then go for it.

What makes it "worth" it? Unlimited reliability? Cleans by just blowing on it? If you just want it to cycle and do it's job and never worry about it, that can be had for under $100 nowadays. If you absolutely need Gucci, then go for it.

Interesting comment which deserves a response.

What I have done so far has been done with "good" parts, but not the absolute best or most expensive. Parts that should last through hobby use.

My next two projects will be an AR-15 with high-end parts and accessories along with a SD pistol with all reasonable (tactical) doodads.

Just to see if I can.

For BCG's I am liking the AIM Surplus Nitride, can't beat em for the price.

If I was going to spend some disposable $$ on a build I'd go BCM or Wilson Combat, but as far as function goes, I'd put one of the AIM bolts round for round up against either with no hesitation. I've got one in an upper that has been through a couple of 2 day rifle classes and it shows very little wear and still runs like a top. They are also cheap enough I can put a spare bolt, firing pin, cam pin, and firing pin retainer pin, in the grip of every rifle.

Only name brand BCG I've ever had a major failure with was a Colt.

BCM is now considered Gucci? That’s a new one to me. Making quality parts, within spec, with the correct materials, and good quality control isn’t what I would call Gucci.

BCM BCGs are good to go and worth the money.

I agree. BCM being slightly more expensive than some no-name BCG that also might so happen to do the job doesn't mean it's Gucci. Gucci would be like a titanium BCG. Or like a skeletonized BCG. Spending extra money on features without proven track history of duty use requirement.

Thanks for these sources. I have one coming from Primary Arms (think I ordered stuff from them previously).

I was going to say Bravo Company directly. But I just tried to order from them and they are refusing to sell to any address located in Massachusetts.
Wow I can't believe they won't sell to MA now, just like PSA. I was going to make the comment about Primary Arms but see that is where you did order from, and sometimes they (PA) will have sales. Just recently they had a 12% off code for basically everything in stock. I think you will be very pleased with your BCG, just hope you don't need to use their warranty as who knows if they will honor it since we live in MA and they won't ship or sell anything here now.

ETA: Yup they went full retard as I tried to see if you could even purchase a hat or T-shirt and saw this "**any order with a billing or shipping address in Massachusetts will not be processed.**

A tool craft BCG will last you just as long as Bravo or other name brand BCG will. This allows you to free up some money and focus it on other areas of the build that matter - trigger for example.

It's their way of telling the MA AG to f*** off.
But all it does is hurt the good ol 2A loving people who live here and not the shit heads in office.
While I love their products, I find it interesting that they call themselves gunfighters, but are afraid of our AG!

I have Bravo BCGs and parts before they became dick heads, and never an issue. I’ve also used AIM and they are good to go as well. Any BCG can or will fail eventually so it’s good to have repair parts and a full replacement.

Gas leak?

Yup

I ended up simply replacing the gas key and screws after dicking around a few times simply trying to tighten or reseal the original.

It was a fluke of some sort as it seemed like a well built BCG. Zero issues since then.

Back
Top Bottom