1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

advice on shoulder harness

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by greeniron, Mar 17, 2019 at 11:21 AM.

1. greeniron

greeniron NES Member

Looking for advice on shoulder rigs. I have a Springfield Armory 1911 A1 with 5" barrel. I shoot right handed but want the holster on the left side for a cross draw application with a double mag holster on right side. But some of the ones I seen online have that setup but the pistol sits grips down. I need a grip up position as the gun is too big for a level set holster and grip end sticks out too far. has to be leather. For twenty years I carried holster on my belt, right side but last night I had a double mag pouch on left and gun on the right as I normally do. And all the weight was too much , had to crank my belt so tight that it was uncomfortable. I have carried 9mm's for 20 years, this is my first 45. I absolutely love the gun but I need a shoulder rig for carrying. Any advice on this is appreciated very much.

2. M1911

M1911 Moderator NES Member

Shoulder holsters are usually described as horizontal (gun barrel is horizontal, pointed behind you) or vertical (gun barrel is vertical, usually pointing down).

I’ve never used one, so I can’t recommend a particular brand.

greeniron likes this.