Adjusting a Compound Bow.

N.E. CHARTERS

Banned
Just recieved a nice little Bear Black Mag compound bow for my Boy.

Im guessing that the Draw Wieght can be reduced by loosening the allen head cap screws on the limbs?

Im not a Bow guy but taking a guess?

Is this how its done?

Ill bring it in to the Pro Bow shop at Cabelas just as soon as I finish showing my son how to disasemble it.

They have not yet invented the thing I can not take apart.[smile][thinking]

Allways good to have spare parts

A lot of companies tend to include spare pars in the products just to jack up the sales price. This is done all the time especially with Government Contracts.

Take the infamous " Nil Generator" that was included in the guidance system of a undisclosed flying machine. To the unwashed masses it would appear that this little ditty zeroed out something for better accuracy on target. But after taking it apart with my trusty Blue Tip Wrench I found nothing but some gizinta and gazouta wires.

Also having worked on assembly lines in my younger days I was tutored in the elegant discipline of adding extra various parts into highly sophisticated machines. If it looks complicated the customer will like it. Wow Look at all the Purdy Lights! After all who wants a square metal box with wheels that rolls when you can have an ergonomically designed marvel of modern engineering with designer curves.

Yes I get most everything back together and most of the time works better than before.

See if this manual matches what you have.

http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/c...heryManual.pdf
NOPE: Been there eairler this morning, Thats not it.

Hey Gunny Rove that Block to Advantage. Who amoung you can tell me what I said?

Last edited:
See if this manual matches what you have.

No, alas, it's about a 1983 model and doesn't look much like the new ones. (I happen to know because it was my bow as of two days ago).

It looks like this:

compoundbow.gif

(Walt, it looks like that picture answers your question. Though I'm sure you need some kind of force gauge, and a bit of skill to balance the weight adjustment)

Hey N.E. CHARTERS.
I have an old Bear bow.
Yes, the draw weight is adjusted at those two screws
on the limbs.
You need to make sure they are both at the same point so crank them all the way in then back each one out the same amount of turns.
My old Bear bow adjusts at about 2 1/2 lbs for each complete turn.
Make sure you dont back them out so much that the bow feels "loose".

Back
Top Bottom