• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Adding links from Amazon SNAFU?

Golddiggie

NES Member
Alright, whenever someone adds a link from Amazon it adds this to the post: "[-MEDIA = amazon]B01MS8BKO5[/MEDiA.]"
Which in turn adds a ton of empty space. Something completely new since the software change on the forum. It also makes the actual URL TINY and adds "view:" in front of it. I had to add the - before 'media' and the . after it in the item in order for it to actually display...

Why can't it just smoothly add the URL/link that you put in the post? Having the large gap is crap. SOMETIMES it adds a small image there, but not always. In fact, I don't recall any Amazon links I've placed had a graphic to show the item.

I've seen this not just on my posts but for pretty much everyone that has posted something from Amazon. On my last post with links, I went in and removed the above 'media' tagging to make it remove the extra crap space.

Oh, and I STILL have two empty pages in my watched threads listing. I've removed all the old ones I was watching, and added them again. If I add more than a couple to the list (still under the one page count) it adds the second empty page.

Oh, and I STILL have two empty pages in my watched threads listing. I've removed all the old ones I was watching, and added them again. If I add more than a couple to the list (still under the one page count) it adds the second empty page.

We've discussed this, it's not going to be fixed anytime soon.

Which in turn adds a ton of empty space. Something completely new since the software change on the forum. It also makes the actual URL TINY and adds "view:" in front of it.

This is your adblocker's fault - these look normal if you aren't blocking amazon affiliate domains.

This is your adblocker's fault - these look normal if you aren't blocking amazon affiliate domains.
I don't block Amazon since I'm on it DAILY...

IF I go thru and remove the crap that the forum puts in front of the URL it displays just fine.

BTW, [IMO] blaming an 'adblocker' for this is BS. TONS of people (actually more than tons) run adblockers. To blame that bit for software flaws, is crazy (being kind). Defending that line is, well...

BTW, [IMO] blaming an 'adblocker' for this is BS. TONS of people (actually more than tons) run adblockers. To blame that bit for software flaws, is crazy (being kind). Defending that line is, well...

You're right, I run one myself, but I can't account for all of the different rules that may or may not be running on any given person's setup. Your setup might be completely different than someone else's. You're the one who is modifying the website from its original design - it displays completely fine when an adblocker isn't used.

You can't go back and blame your vehicle manufacturer for issues with your ride after you start ripping out random parts.

Stop being a douche

Back
Top Bottom