Twitter links not resolving

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
It is 3;21 AM EDT and site wide inserted Twitter links are not resolving. They are stuck on "Loading tweet"

I just created a new post and tried adding a tweet link as media (usual way I do it) and as a pasted link. Either way same result.

Here is the post I just made, but again this effects all existing post containing Tweeter links.

🐯

Update after doing some searching on the Xenforo forum and reading something similar.

I am using Chrome. If I open a new incognito window the Twitter links present on the forum just like normal.

So I thought maybe try logging out of my NES account and back in using my regular Chrome browser window, that had no effect still can't see the tweets.

🐯

I pulled out my MacBook and it worked on it using Chrome as normal.

So it appears what ever it is just me and it is just my Windows 10 desktop.

I will continue to fiddle to see if I can fix it.

🐯

I found the culprit, Last Pass password manager.

With their extension enabled in Chrome on a PC the tweets here on NES will not show up as normal. Disable it and everything appears as normal.
Also they will not show up in Microsoft Edge if that same extension is installed and enabled.

Last pass works differently on Macs so that is probably why tweets worked in Chrome there.

I have a paid version of that password manager and use it all the time so this is a drag. I will uninstall and reinstall the extension to see if that helps. Other than that all I can do is reach out to Last Pass. Whatever changed it was just in the last 12 hours.

🐯

Back
Top Bottom