• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter at the Prep

My Alma Mater. Always hoped Hardiman would never have to mutter the special code. Well, get your shit now folks, there's a ton of money at that school that is going to be breathing down Healy's neck to pass anything and everything.

Glad to hear everyone’s ok.

Sorry you couldn’t go to a real school like I did, Xaverian 😉

Glad to hear everyone’s ok.

Sorry you couldn’t go to a real school like I did, Xaverian 😉

Couldn't get into BC High? [smile]

My wife went to Archbishop Williams, I went to BC High. I give her shit about Archies and then she makes fun of me for going to school with all boys. BC High, BC Low... Circle of Life.

Danvers PD confirms one of their officers had an "accidental" discharge during the search. For us civilians, that would be a negligent discharge and likely loss of LTC.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure they'll find some legislation which will fix this since this is the first actual school shooting in MA...

"The initial response was a threat of a person threatening to cause harm in one of the men's rooms. Officers responded. During the initial search, there was an accidental discharge. No one was injured and that prompted the increased response," Danvers Police Chief James P. Lovell

Untrained officer has a negligent discharge and it prompts the entire school to go into "active shooter" lockdown.

I can't help but notice the language. It's an accidental discharge when police do it. It's a negligent discharge when anybody else does it.

"The initial response was a threat of a person threatening to cause harm in one of the men's rooms. Officers responded. During the initial search, there was an accidental discharge. No one was injured and that prompted the increased response," Danvers Police Chief James P. Lovell

Untrained officer has a negligent discharge and it prompts the entire school to go into "active shooter" lockdown.

I can't help but notice the language. It's an accidental discharge when police do it. It's a negligent discharge when anybody else does it.
That’s about the size of it, yup.

Couldn't get into BC High? [smile]

My wife went to Archbishop Williams, I went to BC High. I give her shit about Archies and then she makes fun of me for going to school with all boys. BC High, BC Low... Circle of Life.

My brother went to BC High.

He’s a moron. Very intelligent, but still a moron.

Danvers PD confirms one of their officers had an "accidental" discharge during the search. For us civilians, that would be a negligent discharge and likely loss of LTC.
"Us civilians" would include the police, who, despite their desire to be regarded as soldiers, are also civilians. But your point about non-LEOs getting jammed up for NDs stands.

'89 SJP grad. here.

Even then I hated the practice of people referring to it as "The Prep". Like it's not the only one, nor is it the end-all, be-all of high schools.

Don't get me wrong. I love the place and loved my 4 years there. But "The Prep" was cringe AF long before that expression ever existed.

Back on topic. Glad the call was a hoax and what's the ND cop's NES screen name?

Back
Top Bottom