• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

About MA Gun Clubs

dd

From my experiences on var web sites, MA shooters do have a pretty good number of gun clubs in the state, and even ones with 600 yard ranges that are close to Boston (I am thinking of Reading R&R). I have read of shooters in other states complaining of ranges closing because they are run by the local police, sheriff dept, or county/state DFW and those entities are concerned about liability or their own training schedules so have closed to the public. Ditto for VFW or Legion owned ranges. Then, there are the situations where development eats up open land causing shooters to have to drive further and further to find open areas to shoot.

If you are a member of a MA gun club give thanks to those who established these clubs so many years ago. They were truly visionary and saw the benefits of privately owned property on which to place a gun club.

dd

From my experiences on var web sites, MA shooters do have a pretty good number of gun clubs in the state, and even ones with 600 yard ranges that are close to Boston (I am thinking of Reading R&R). I have read of shooters in other states complaining of ranges closing because they are run by the local police, sheriff dept, or county/state DFW and those entities are concerned about liability or their own training schedules so have closed to the public. Ditto for VFW or Legion owned ranges. Then, there are the situations where development eats up open land causing shooters to have to drive further and further to find open areas to shoot.

If you are a member of a MA gun club give thanks to those who established these clubs so many years ago. They were truly visionary and saw the benefits of privately owned property on which to place a gun club.

dd

AMEN TO THAT!!![bow] [kiss] [cheers]

FRED

Here the limited spaces actually worked to our advantage. When population growth started to crowd out the old "shoot at the dump or at a sand pit" custom, these people grabbed up affordable pieces of land that were still relatively close. In a lot of other places, by the time shooting at the dump becomes impractical, the nearest affordable land is likely 50 miles away. Is see it happen more and more everytime I visit my family. Still, if it weren't for the people who founded the clubs, we'd all be screwed.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom