A woman just graduated the US Army’s sniper school for the first time ever

I had heard satellite and drone technology have come so far, it made the Pathfinders mission non-essential. I guess that makes sense until the Chi-coms nullify our electronics superiority.

I remember having OPD on how do do it, crudely, from a map. Every officer in the battalion was there.

I think I've told this story before, but my battalion had a grand total of TWO PF-qualified soldiers in it. I know for a fact that at least one of our sister battalions in the same regiment had ZERO. One of our PF guys was the scout platoon sergeant, the other was the battalion commander himself; both had done PF School through Ranger Regiment many, many years before. "I don't remember any of that shit," the BC laughed.

We were directed once to lay out a DZ in Albania, and my platoon was the security element when the two of them went off to do the survey. The S3 Air was there too, with every manual he'd brought. I remember the three of them all sitting in a cargo HMMWV there in the middle of this big field, flipping frantically through all these manuals, looking cluelessly at each other. In the end, the "survey" was really just them, driving around the field with their eyes open and pinpointing where a drainage ditch ran across.

Anyone with more than ten jumps knows what to look for in plotting a DZ. That, a compass, and a windsock can get it done.

deb7woz-2f0561b2-61b6-4ca2-9fba-202dc2603706.jpg
To all you plumbers out there…that is what an ass crack should look like…

My buddy went to Pathfinder school a year or two ago? He's AGR and was the Readiness NCO at Camp Keyes at the time. His CO poked his head into his office and said "Hey, you want to go to Pathfinder school?" Kyle immediately said "Yes sir". He washed out on the final because he F'd up his trigonometry. No do-overs because that specialty is being scaled back big-time.

As to the woman who graduated from the sniper school, I don't see the big deal. I'm surprised it took this long. I don't know anything about the fieldcraft, but as far as the shooting goes, women are every bit as good as men and usually better.
I remember reading something that women had better fine motor control. No doubt they would make excellent shooters.

I remember reading something that women had better fine motor control. No doubt they would make excellent shooters.
I think it's more to do with the amount of ego. Men all think they know how to shoot and are therefore subconsciously resistant to being taught. Women are more accepting of a better way.

Once you've seen a woman operate a rifle,
it makes all guys look like they're just stomping on it.

Whuuut? lol I don’t follow youtube attention whores but please tell me this was a joke video. Maybe this guys just cracking on others with totally stupid videos?

Women have finer motor control and men have better hand eye coordination.

Women also have better color perception then men (including better night vision), some have a 4th color cone in their eyes to see a wider than normal range of colors, and can't be color blind.

Back
Top Bottom