A woman just graduated the US Army’s sniper school for the first time ever

Never saw a Presidents Hundred, but I knew an Unknown Tomb Guard once. Interesting guy.
I got that one out of the way at basic. One of the engineer instructors had it. Pretty rare in the army. Theres a bunch of people on NES that would be tab eligible though.

The service record of female Soviet and Israeli snipers speaks for itself. The only disadvantage female snipers have that men don't is the scent detection issue from having periods.

Soviet sniper schools typically had own special training course and served in homo units.

The period scent was a big deal and well known, especially for partisan/guerilla troops hiding in the woods, deep in enemy territory. From one female soldier's memoirs, they were sent out deeper in the woods during the special time, which was dangerous on many levels. Usually by yourself or in small group, you could be easily discovered by German patrols with dogs who can easily pick up the scent and there were no countermeasures, you were far from help and you could be accosted and raped by your own dudes from the troop. As she remembers, most female soldiers had to pick and stick with one dude just to be able to ward off unwelcome advances from others, the higher rank the dude was, the better. It was very common and most generals had a harem of women serving in communication corps or secretaries.

Israeli IDF sniper school is staffed 70-80% women instructors. What's more, IDF sniper school is so famous, NATO members such as Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Poland, Estonia and Latvia send their sniper candidates to Israel to train.
Women can be as ferocious and merciless. What's more, if we look at WW2 and the attitude toward taking of prisoners, Soviet army men were far more tolerant toward enemy prisoners while women killed surrendered Germans at over 80% of the time. Men caught up to women in the last year of the european war when they saw the atrocities perpetrated on the civilian population under national occupation.
In other words, DON'T FU$& WITH WOMEN WHO CHOOSE THE WAY OF THE GUN!

I was offered none. Zero.

Sure, I wasn't exactly a trail blazer and I was definitely a high up in the E4 mafia. That said, I was maxing PT tests and I could shoot reasonably well most days by army standards.

Schools just weren't a thing. At the time, the Cape was running Air Assault. Great! we all thought. Wrong. My entire battalion got about 5 slots. I believe 3 washed out (and they were oddball choices and not the MOS of the actual battalion).

As a combat engineer, you figure sapper school would be a nice thing to go to. Zero people, and I mean zero people went to sapper school during my 6 years. We had ONE person who was prior service who went to sapper school in the entire battalion.

Fast forward to the mid 2010's, 10-15 years later and by the looks of people in now sapper school is definitely an option. as is airassualt, etc. All that shit is now a thing. I know a guy who recently went to sapper school whose not even f***ing MOS Q'd as a combat engineer. [rofl]

it just wasn't when I was in. we had zero slots, and in the ultra rare cases where a slot did pop up, it was turned into a kickback or a favor.
Pardon my ignorance but what is Sapper school?

Israeli IDF sniper school is staffed 70-80% women instructors. What's more, IDF sniper school is so famous, NATO members such as Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Poland, Estonia and Latvia send their sniper candidates to Israel to train.
Women can be as ferocious and merciless. What's more, if we look at WW2 and the attitude toward taking of prisoners, Soviet army men were far more tolerant toward enemy prisoners while women killed surrendered Germans at over 80% of the time. Men caught up to women in the last year of the european war when they saw the atrocities perpetrated on the civilian population under national occupation.
In other words, DON'T FU$& WITH WOMEN WHO CHOOSE THE WAY OF THE GUN!

I don't know how executing POWs should be a measure of anything.

this is spot on though:

I think I saw 3 pathfinders over my years. I saw 1 Presidents Hundred and 1 scuba bubble so I'd consider pathfinder to be pretty rare also...

Air assault is allegedly one of the easier schools to get now a days. I occasionally think I may want to look into it, and then quickly come to my senses. If an airborne seat made itself available however…. But I don’t think that’ll ever happen

There are a couple MOS immaterial schools I’d like before I get out, but we’ll see.

Great! She picked the probably suckiest job there is. I’m 56, my bladder is fudged up from prone on frozen ground, my shoulders are fudged up from crawling long distances, and I vividly remember first degree burns on chest, belly and yes, the dick, from African rooftops. Nevermind all sorts of bugs and ants calling your asscrack their new temporary home. On top of that, you get to haul your primary and an assault rifle. Twice the weight, twice the cleaning, yay! She better learn to embrace the suck real quick. It’s not a Tom Berenger movie by any means.

deb7woz-2f0561b2-61b6-4ca2-9fba-202dc2603706.jpg

I got that one out of the way at basic. One of the engineer instructors had it. Pretty rare in the army. Theres a bunch of people on NES that would be tab eligible though.
You a 12B Dench?

Air assault is allegedly one of the easier schools to get now a days. I occasionally think I may want to look into it, and then quickly come to my senses. If an airborne seat made itself available however…. But I don’t think that’ll ever happen

There are a couple MOS immaterial schools I’d like before I get out, but we’ll see.

It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I went to Airborne, but back then almost 65% of the class were various kinds of cadets and other "vanity" students. For example, our class leader was a Navy O-5 with grey hair. He was a SWO who was enroute to be some sort of naval attache in Europe, and he said they just offered him Airborne School as a place for him to go while waiting for the previous guy to clear the billet. He didn't really want to be there, but I give him credit: he found some enthusiasm and made his five jumps, while getting smoked on the cables with the rest of us.

Nice guy, but he didn't fit in with anyone else in the class, culturally. There were a few other sailors in the class (corpsmen bound for ANGLICOs), and they didn't seem to want to take ownership of him either.

In 2006-2007 there were guys in the 181st Pirates & Renegades in that school. I had a friend commenting on training on a course of Iroquois helicopter skids even though Blackhawks didn't have them and thinking it was odd.

In 2006-2007 there were guys in the 181st Pirates & Renegades in that school. I had a friend commenting on training on a course of Iroquois helicopter skids even though Blackhawks didn't have them and thinking it was odd.

What, like skids mounted to a rappel tower? I think that’s just a thing. We did that in boot camp.

From what I understand most of air assault is hazing, followed by rigging sling loads, and a tiny bit of playing with helicopters.

What, like skids mounted to a rappel tower? I think that’s just a thing. We did that in boot camp.

From what I understand most of air assault is hazing, followed by rigging sling loads, and a tiny bit of playing with helicopters.
My understanding was that as an endurance test (or hazing, who knows) at some point the instructors had him kitted up with a full combat load and he had to squat on the skids for some long period of time to not fail the course.

The service record of female Soviet and Israeli snipers speaks for itself. The only disadvantage female snipers have that men don't is the scent detection issue from having periods.
That's just great ed... did you hear that their periods can attract bears... now you're putting the whole station at risk

Pardon my ignorance but what is Sapper school?

Learn how to blow shit up better school for engineers. Also, congrats to her but if im reading that article correctly, she was offered sniper school coming right out of basic training? Absolute bullshit if that's what theyre implying. Myself and many others also qualified expert and I was the squad designated marksmen during two tours. One with a M24 and the other having both an M14ebr and a M110 at my disposal. Not once was I ever offered sniper school in ten years of service. No one is going to sniper school right out of OSUT and not without combat experience. The Guard isnt going to waste that state money unless this is some woke gi jane bullshit.

Im only interested in the best shot…I doubt we’d really be asking the standard guilty/not guilty thing if it was a dude…Bullets don’t discriminate

Great! She picked the probably suckiest job there is. I’m 56, my bladder is fudged up from prone on frozen ground, my shoulders are fudged up from crawling long distances, and I vividly remember first degree burns on chest, belly and yes, the dick, from African rooftops. Nevermind all sorts of bugs and ants calling your asscrack their new temporary home. On top of that, you get to haul your primary and an assault rifle. Twice the weight, twice the cleaning, yay! She better learn to embrace the suck real quick. It’s not a Tom Berenger movie by any means.
You mean sniper movies aren't realistic? They seem so exciting. Like a mix of James Bond and Rambo all in one.

I saw an interview with the British sniper who made the longest shot and he basically said the same thing. He said that it's really exciting when you are on the rifle and have to take a crap, the 2nd guy just holds a box next to your ass and he said that you just piss in your pants. He would come back with all sorts of weird rashes.

This might change with our new 61 genders. Or is it 62?

And if women wear uniforms with those shorts, they'll distract the enemy and have lots of time to draw a bead on them.

When I was in college I taught riflery at a nearby day camp, and found that the girls were always better shots than the boys (back when there were only 2 genders). They seem to have calmer dispositions. One of my students ultimately became a marine sniper, but I can't take credit as I think he came from a hunting family.

I applaud the accomplishment as I would for anyone that made this effort for our America. Don’t think it needs to be gender specific.
Good friend of mine is a female welder that gets dam offended when you reference her ability by gender

How about the reverse?? Is she offended by that??? "She bangs pretty good for a welder."

It's Ranger School for engineers, sorta. Much shorter, probably a little louder. I bet they eat a lot more.
A lot louder. Boom-boom! And building bridges.

Back
Top Bottom