A little help/Gen 3 Glock 19

Maybe I'm searching in all of the wrong places but having a hard time finding a thread protector for my Gen 3 Glock 19 factory threaded barrel. Brand new out of the box, it only came with a cheap plastic one. Found a few sites offering the smaller sized aftermarket barrel thread protectors but nothing for the factory barrel. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

I've tried only size I can find is the standard 1/2-28 and that won't fit. I guess I should rephrase my original post....how do I determine the correct size and where do I find it for my factory Glock threaded barrel?

I was about to write that 1/2 x 28 thread protectors are laughably common.

Then I saw the threads. Wow!! That is terrible. Why would you want a factory barreled gun if the threads on it are different from every other 9mm firearm on the planet. At least with 1/2x28, you can use it on everything else.

If you intend to use this with a suppressor, I'd spend $200 on a KKM barrel and sell the factory one for a decent clip to someone who doesn't know about the horrible thread size.

Don

I was about to write that 1/2 x 28 thread protectors are laughably common.

Then I saw the threads. Wow!! That is terrible. Why would you want a factory barreled gun if the threads on it are different from every other 9mm firearm on the planet. At least with 1/2x28, you can use it on everything else.

If you intend to use this with a suppressor, I'd spend $200 on a KKM barrel and sell the factory one for a decent clip to someone who doesn't know about the horrible thread size.

Don

Don, that's not nice. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom