• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

A Great new book about Concealed carry

JimConway

Instructor
As some of you know I have a good sized library of firearms training which I read regularly. Yesterday, I got a new book that I consider to be one of the best that I have ever read. The book is:
"The Concealed Carry Survival Guide"
By Bill Murphy and Eric Magness
www.ftatv.com
$24.95 plus shipping
Email [email protected] or call FTA (714) 701-9918 for credit card orders. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express accepted.

Description:

This is the complete book on concealed carry for guns. Written by Bill Murphy, a highly respected authority on concealed gun carry and tactics, this book will provide instruction in the selection of the gun, ammunition, techniques, use of deadly force, shooting on the move, low light tactics, gun fighting, and after action.

Bill Murphy is a Police Officer for 26 years and SWAT Team Member with the Huntington Beach Police Department in California. Bill is a Senior Range Master with Gunsite Academy in Arizona, and a Senior Low Light Firearms Instructor and factory representative with SureFire, LLC. He is also a Firearms instructor with the U.S. Air Force's Para Rescue Advanced Weapons Training Center.

Bill is also a graduate of the FBI's Firearms Instructor Course. Since 1997, Bill has been the principle owner and operator of Firearms Training Associates in Norco, California, a facility dedicated to the instruction of police, military and civilians in the use of all types of firearms, firearms tactics, firearms safety and self defense.

He is a California certified P.O.S.T. (Police Officer Standards & Training) instructor. Bill is also a approved concealed carry Firearms Instructor for the California Counties of Orange, Riverside, San Diego, and Ventura, as well as, for the states of Arizona, Florida, and Utah. No other book can reveal the wealth of knowledge and experience. This book is a must for the beginner CCW to the experienced user.

Jim,

Can you provide a little more review of this book? I found that after a while most handgun related training books repeat the same or similar material. This is based on having read Gun Digest of Book Combat Handgunnery by Ayoob, Armed Response and Handgun Combatives by Spaulding.

A little more review for Andy

I must say that I like one one your book selections very much. I know Dave Spaulding and he is a great guy. The Murphy book is 102 pages, printed on 8.5" x 11" paper. The book has a lot of very detailed photos with enough text to explain each thoroughly.
I do not have the book in front of me as I write this. My first impression was that the techniques are very up to date, but not out on the cutting edge. The presentation is well done and appears to follow the kind of range discussion that i would expect from a trainer at his level.

Bill Murphy comes across as a low key sort of guy with nothing to prove.
It is clear that this book was not an ego trip for him.

The only down ticks that i can think of are a few typos and 3 or 4 pages devoted to California CCW issues and law.

Back
Top Bottom