A Bit of .32 H&R Mag Powder (800-X) Needed

Patriot

NES Member
I have a .32 H&R Mag and have obtained some 116gr cast boolits for it. I have Ken
Waters Pet Loads article from Handgunner Magazine which gives a load for this but
unfortunately I don't have any 800-X powder that he found worked best with these
cast boolits.

I was wondering if someone might have a bit of 800-X left over somewhere that I could
buy a little of it. At this time I only have around 30-40 boolits so I don't need a lot (not
more than 250grs) and would rather not have to buy a pound at this time (even if I could
find it).

I'm local to the 128/9 area and would travel a bit to scrounge a bit of it.

Thanks,

Patriot

I use 3G of Red Dot behind a 115G cast bullet, Lyman #300118.

Thanks for the reply BG. I just got the 311008 as that is what Waters was shooting. I
guess I will have to try my Win231 and work up a load. I don't hear of any people (none)
using 800-X. He was shooting out of a Ruger SA and I will be shooting it out of an S&W
and a Ruger SP101, double actions. He got some pretty impressive performance out of
that bullet and powder, better than +P performance.

I have a .32 H&R Mag and have obtained some 116gr cast boolits for it. I have Ken
Waters Pet Loads article from Handgunner Magazine which gives a load for this but
unfortunately I don't have any 800-X powder that he found worked best with these
cast boolits.

I was wondering if someone might have a bit of 800-X left over somewhere that I could
buy a little of it. At this time I only have around 30-40 boolits so I don't need a lot (not
more than 250grs) and would rather not have to buy a pound at this time (even if I could
find it).

I'm local to the 128/9 area and would travel a bit to scrounge a bit of it.

Thanks,

Patriot

Blue Northern on Rt 2A in Shirley(?) had 8 oz cans of 800x a few weeks back. I find 800x kinda tough to meter for small cases. It is a light weight flaked powder that bridges in small powder measure funnels and charge dies. I've dropped using this powder in pistol loads because of inconsistant charges due to the powder bridging. It leaves the gun barrel dirty with unburned flakes of powder also. I have had good luck with 700x in 9mm, .38, .357, and 40 S&W. It'd probably work well in a .32 H&R Mag too.

Back
Top Bottom