9x18 Makarov ammo!

SKS Ray

NES Member
I never imagined this stuff was so expensive! I bent over and bought a 50 round box of Federal today for $29.[shocked]
I thought Richie's was crazy and overpricing it but after looking at online prices it was only $5 more. I'd wind up paying that in shipping if I had ordered it.
Here I was thinking I'd get another CZ82 to have 2 of them and keep one mint and put away for collectable reasons. After looking at the price of ammo now I can see mine won't get used much so I guess theres no need for a second one.
Looks like this brass will definitely be scooped up after shooting. All the more reason for me to get my lazy ass reloading.

BTW, if anyone has a fairly cheap online source for 9x18 Mak ammo, please send me a PM. I have one but I think all they sell is surplus.

9mm Luger is way too high pressure for that gun. There are some .380 barrels out there but you arent saving too much in ammo.

Thanks for the warning... I was debating moving a CZ-82 onto my lust list and getting one, but... $29 a BOX????
yikes.gif

The cheaper ammo is from Russia. Northeast Trading Post has the Russian ammo for $8 a box as well. That's all I shoot out of my E German Mak. No way would I pay $30 for a box unless your planning on carrying it. I get pretty decent performance with the Russian brand. Your not going to get all x's with it, but at 15 yards I was in the 8 and up rings using a 50 ft pistol target.

I paid $13 for CCI at Bobs Tactical on Saturday but only because my son and I were having a ball and I ran out! $29 a box is just plain wrong. Shoot the Russian stuff for $7.50 -$9.50 a box never a problem.

Back
Top Bottom