• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9MM Cast load?

I found a good deal on 9mm cast, $116 for 2000 125gr RN with a Brinell 18 rating. I was thinking about using Unique but all the loads that I have seen for 9mm with Unique seem that you have to really compress the powder.

I have used Universal in the past and didn't like it.

Can some one suggest a powder and a starting load for just punching paper with my Sig P226?

I load most of my lead bullet 9mm ammo with Titegroup. A lot of 9mm pistols don't seem to like lead bullets but I shoot most of my 9mm out of full autos. For those pistols that don't like lead,the polymer coated bullets have worked well. They even shoot well out of Glocks.

one of my loads for ya...

Bullet: 124 gr LRN (Lee)---Powder Weight: 4.8 gr---Powder: Bullseye---Velocity: 1262---OAL: 1.126---Primer: Wolf---Disk: .53---
156 Power Factor

Ditto on the 4.0 of 231. I use it with a 130 gr hard cast lead bullet. I have also had good luck with 3.1 gr of Titegroup.

I was using the Clay's powder for lead but had very little resources for recommendations on weights, I recently switched to the Accurate No.7 which has been working great for the lead. The only problem I run into if yuor using the disk feeder the powder is really fine and can be messy.

The one other SIGNIFICANT issue with a Lee type disk feeder is that there are no in-between adjustments. You go from one weight to another, with no adjustments for tenths of a grain in between. I'm not a current fan of that technology.

I use HP-38/W231 for my 125gr poly coated lead IDPA SSP rounds. Check the Hodgdon reloading center for data but I'm using a few more tenths than those posted above to make PF + 5% margin out of a full size M&P. If you look around you'll find poly coated lead shipped for just slightly above what you paid.

b'eye, hp38/231, aa-2, 700x and red dot have all worked well for me with cast material...i find unique to be too dirty for me with auto-loaders.

budman

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom