how much is a decent russian capture K98 going for these days?, the ones i was looking at M&MS were going for around $240 or $250. im planning on getting one in the future.

It goes by code and date. I'm PMing you a link that'll give you a good idea what they're selling for, but in the mean time grab one of the ones at M&Ms. I agree, the prices are right.

Biggest thing aside from rare codes and dates is getting one with a good bore and tight muzzle. These are after all mostly battle field pick ups and were left to rust until the Russians scooped them up.

the ones at M&MS dates were around 1936 and 1937 transitional models with weimar eagles and nazi eagles. the bolts and receiver were covered in what looked to be black paint or parkerized finish.

Thats the Russian reblue. I read a few posts on the Parallax forum how to take it off. Most people wind up finding nice original bluing underneath.

as soon as i get some money up im going to search for one i like. i figure it's more cost effective to get one now before they get sky high in price. any Reccomendations ray on where to Search for a RC?.

I bought my bnz 41 to the range today to show you but you weren't there. I may be selling it with a German sling to boot. [wink]

yah me and my friend tim got done shooting around 11:00 since on sundays we can start shooting at 9:30. next sunday 8/3 i wont be shooting because im going diving that day.

sounds good about that BNZ ray[grin]

Last edited:
Grab it...they're only going up in price as the supply dries up. I've only fired my byf44 once in the year I've had it.....but I HAVE it and that's the important part!

Back
Top Bottom