mauser 98k rifle

I found a good shooting condtion one at a locale gun shop. He wanted $150 for it. Is that a good price.

If its a true 98k with a good bore, matching numbers, etc, then yes.

Look at the insignia/stamps on the receiver. Any Nazi eagles? Or a Yugoslavian crest? Is the bolt straight or bent? Wood refinished or not?

Hows the bore look? Pitted or smooth?

Do a lot reading before jumping on it to know if it's the real deal, or being branded as a rifle that it isn't.

I think the bolt is straight. what does that mean. the bolt looks like a regular bolt action rifle. you poll it out. and then push it in the turn the bolt down to the right to shoot.

Considering barreled K98k actions sell for $150, the more the better, but it all depends on the bore condition. A true K98k would have a turned down bolt, but if it is a RC, occasionally one turns up with a WWI straight bolt. I believe a Turk Mauser bolt will also fit.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

MS

IF you find a K98 less that $350 then you are doing good provided the bore is in good shape. Most Russian captures are going for $350 plus.

I just check out the gun today. the gun shop owner said it was a centuary arms mauser 98 and it was in good conditon for 150.

If I were you I would learn a little more about K98's before I threw away $150. ! From your posts, it's looks like all you want is for one of us to say it's a good deal. If you have no idea what you are getting - it's a bad deal. If the dealer can only tell you it's "a centuary arms mauser 98" then he also knows nothing about k98 mausers or he just wants to unload it onto you !!! A competent dealer should be able to identify it's country of origin and, if it's German, at least the mfg. Why not google "K98 Mausers" and see what you can find out about them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom