• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CZ-82 How to Refinish or reblue???

Does anybody Know if enyone is refinishing the CZ-82 ?? The baked on enamel or whatever it is
Has got to Go!! the gun itself is beautiful "Works The Nuts" But i think it deserves a Nice Finish
any info would be apreciated Take Care S.D.

I did read one thread a while back about refinished CZ82s and some were in a nickel satin finish. Some people have stripped down the baked on finish and left it as is after some buffing but to me bare metal screams trouble.

This is what an original mint example should look like:

CZ82cal.jpg

RAY, no way should a CZ82 ever look that nice...........that is sweet looking.
I attached my home parkerize job....I got some blotchy results on the smaller parts and trigger guard.
Greg Derr of derrprecission did a bake on finish in the end that really looks great.
The pics did not come out in order

Sand blasted parts used aluminum oxide. frame and slide before, finished home park job, before pic of slide, the last is with greg derrs bake on finish. The pic was more to send Greg to show the problem I was haveing. After I refinished the 1st time the safty lever pin would walk out, Greg was quick to fix this also. Thumbs up to greg on his work...even when its not a high end pistol!

You can see in my parkerize attempt that The smaller parts took on a grey look as all the rest took on black.
All in all it was time consumeing, in the end after all the money spent on tools and kits and my wasted time I should have just sent it right to greg. I really dont even have a proper work space.
I do like to do things myself though, NOW I KNOW I can dis/re assemble a CZ82 though

Last edited:
I just finished stripping down my CZ82 last week.
Bought a new rear sight for it on CZ USA and now I'm just stuck with deciding what colors to use from Duracoat.
I just hope I can get it back together without losing anything. A monkey can strip a Glock. It takes a man to put a CZ82 together.

I've seen someone hardchrome them too. Duracoat will probably give you the most "original" looking finish but I'm partial to bluing it if possible.

Good luck!

CZ-82 Refinish

RAY, no way should a CZ82 ever look that nice...........that is sweet looking.
I attached my home parkerize job....I got some blotchy results on the smaller parts and trigger guard.
Greg Derr of derrprecission did a bake on finish in the end that really looks great.
The pics did not come out in order

Sand blasted parts used aluminum oxide. frame and slide before, finished home park job, before pic of slide, the last is with greg derrs bake on finish. The pic was more to send Greg to show the problem I was haveing. After I refinished the 1st time the safty lever pin would walk out, Greg was quick to fix this also. Thumbs up to greg on his work...even when its not a high end pistol!

You can see in my parkerize attempt that The smaller parts took on a grey look as all the rest took on black.
All in all it was time consumeing, in the end after all the money spent on tools and kits and my wasted time I should have just sent it right to greg. I really dont even have a proper work space.
I do like to do things myself though, NOW I KNOW I can dis/re assemble a CZ82 though

Great info but what does Greg Derr get for this finish job and how do i get ahold him?? is he local? appreciate the info S.D. aka AL

I did read one thread a while back about refinished CZ82s and some were in a nickel satin finish. Some people have stripped down the baked on finish and left it as is after some buffing but to me bare metal screams trouble.

This is what an original mint example should look like:

CZ82cal.jpg
WOW Ray thats a looker, did you get that in that condition?? S.D.

Yep, one of the nicest I've ever seen. It paid off getting the handpick that time.

That was worth the Xtra $10.00 but every time i pay the "hand pick" it seems to work in reverse! i did that on a Turk and what i got
was a rifle that i would not use to make a Lamp out of for fear somone might see it! lol But yours is what i would like to have mine
look like!! thats a KEEPA S.D.

Back
Top Bottom