• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

82 year old shoots would be intruders-chelsea

Unfortunately, I bet the stress of the arrest and trial will drastically shorten what's left of this man's life.

i agree. but isn't it funny how it's not too early/vague/sketchy on details/whatever to charge the guy with attempted murder?

That depends on what details the cops have that we don't.

If they found these two face-down with gunshot wounds in the backs and the bottom of this guys driveway, then I'd say attempted murder sounds about right.

Im going to assume that the bolt action rifle was something like a .308 or .30,06... If thats the case, working the bolt fast enough to engauge two targets at close range is kinda impressive. Never heard of someone using one for home defense.

The guy must of followed some advice.
If you establish your actions were justified, and the police conclude that is the case, the matter will not reach indictment. That is how convincing a LEO in the first instance can save you from going in front of a jury later.
Right? Right? [rolleyes]

.....Late last night, Dicino summoned Revere police to his home on Calumet Street, saying a homeless couple had shattered his front window.

Three hours later, the Korean War vet with no criminal record called 911 again, and told officers he’d just shot the couple with his .22 rifle after they tried to break in.

The wounded homeless two are neighborhood regulars, often sleeping at a vacant house, after long nights downing vodka and beer right next to the elderly man’s house, amid frequent runs to the nearby liquor store, where the woman was banished for shoplifting.

The homeless couple has been identified as Joe Ross, who was shot in the abdomen, and Evelyn O’Neill, who was shot in the legs. Their injuries are not considered life threatening.

But the couple told police they were neither tormenting Dicino nor trying to break in, when he fired from inside his home and hit them standing out front.....

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/09/...d-after-shooting-couple-who-shattered-window/

He said/she said and the homeless drunks win out... Lovely. Amazingly Revere PD didn't even bother to investigate for a few days to make not look like they gave a damn.

ETA: Wait, what the hell where these two doing on the street?

Late last night, Dicino summoned Revere police to his home on Calumet Street, saying a homeless couple had shattered his front window.

Three hours later, the Korean War vet with no criminal record called 911 again, and told officers he’d just shot the couple with his .22 rifle after they tried to break in.

Why weren't these two dipshits in jail for destruction of property or at least in the drunk tank? Maybe if Revere did their job, the homeowner wouldn't have had to defend himself.

Last edited:
Unbelievable.......

82- law abiding citizen who served his country defends himself, got a raw deal...I guess he should have let them come in and let the police mop up the mess......

After the first time, their intent was to get into he houose, probably pissed of that he called the cops on them...

Get off of my lawn.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Why weren't these two dipshits in jail for destruction of property or at least in the drunk tank? Maybe if Revere did their job, the homeowner wouldn't have had to defend himself.

No kidding..and they are squatting in a vacant house next to the one they vandalized.

Back
Top Bottom