• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

8 facing charges of poaching, stealing 700lbs of deer meat

There's very likely going to be lots of poaching going on everywhere this winter. People will be looking to supplement their meat supply.
In certain parts of Ohio, those eight would be doing the state and lots of motorists a favor by reducing the herd. There's a stretch of road ( about 45 miles long ) bordered on both sides by endless cornfields right up to the road where there's a dead deer carcass smashed all over the road about every 300 yards from October to January. I don't think they even try to keep the carcasses picked up anymore.
The last time I travelled it years ago, I lost count at about 150.....and that was just in my direction of travel. I'm sure there was an equal amount on the other side of the highway. It's a major truck route and they get hit all night every night.
Very common in the truck stops to see clean, nice looking trucks with bashed in bumpers or fenders from deer strikes.

Who did they steal from.....the state? 😆 The states, ( all of them) have been stealing from people for centuries.

And I hope they nail every single poacher to the freaking wall. F&G in every state works their ass off to control the herd. Some of you aren't old enough to remember a time when we had next to no deer anywhere. There's a reason for that. It wasn't global warming or cooling or population density or CWD or Lyme carrying ticks. It was people just shooting deer.

And the guys stole meat. . . FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS. And then sold it. Along with their 30 poached deer.

I wanna know who they sold it to. It's illegal to sell/serve wild game. I can't imagine an ordinary citizen just wanting to get some venison. The story is thin, but I suspect they sold it commercially for going rate.

FWIW, they stole it from you and me.

Back
Top Bottom