8# Bullseye

headednorth

NES Member
So my uncle in AZ who was an avid reloader passed away a while back. My aunt called tonight asking what's a fair price for an unopened 8# jug of Bullseye as friend of the family out there is looking to buy. I havent bought much powder since prices blew up and it doesnt seem to be in stock anywhere (Ammoseek came up with zero returns for Bullseye). I did a quick search, came up with 6 prices (the lowest being $200 and the highest being $279) and came up with an average of roughly $240. Is that in the ballpark? I know that prices for OOS items tend to be all over the road. Appreciate any help from NES.

TIA

So my uncle in AZ who was an avid reloader passed away a while back. My aunt called tonight asking what's a fair price for an unopened 8# jug of Bullseye as friend of the family out there is looking to buy. I havent bought much powder since prices blew up and it doesnt seem to be in stock anywhere (Ammoseek came up with zero returns for Bullseye). I did a quick search, came up with 6 prices (the lowest being $200 and the highest being $279) and came up with an average of roughly $240. Is that in the ballpark? I know that prices for OOS items tend to be all over the road. Appreciate any help from NES.

TIA
That would be the correct range and average, IMHO. +1 regarding this stuff can be at times in the unobtanium class.

Last time I saw it in stock it was $400 plus shipping and hazmat.
Although it looks like Grafs had it in stock most recently at $240

Wouldn’t there need to be a discount as it would be a powder of unknown storage conditions?

And how do you tell if a jug is “unopened?” There hasn’t been a seal on anything i’ve ever bought from the store. It’s not like the seal on ketchup (or mustard) that you have to peel off and could clearly tell about tampering.

Wouldn’t there need to be a discount as it would be a powder of unknown storage conditions?

And how do you tell if a jug is “unopened?” There hasn’t been a seal on anything i’ve ever bought from the store. It’s not like the seal on ketchup (or mustard) that you have to peel off and could clearly tell about tampering.
Idk, other than he bought it new and never used it.

Really? All powder I’ve ever bought had a thin styrofoam cap/seal that I had to peel off.
Well, it appears I open my caps too aggressively. The top little seal always comes off into the cap. I just opened a new bottle very slowly and the little seal didn’t get pulled into the cap.

Huh…interesting. Definitely not sealed like ketchup, that’s for sure.

Back
Top Bottom