• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7mm Mauser built by FN for Argentina

I was going over some of the weapons I've inhereted and one of them is a Mauser made by FN for the government of Argentina chambered in 7x57mm Mauser.

The stock has been heavily damaged (incomplete attempt to sporterize) but the barrel, reciever and bolt are all matching serial numbers and aside from a thumb-print sized spot of missing blueing and pitting on the barrel a few inches behind the front sight, the weapon is in beautiful condition.

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what model Mauser is would likely be or how to determine. And, where to look for a "correct" stock for it so I can restore it to that condition since the bolt, barrel and reciever are all matching and unaltered.

I took a bunch of pictures today, but I need to get them up and hosted before I can post them here. I'll work on getting them up shortly. I may take some more to facilitate identification.

Markings (stampings) - most detail I can provide

Main Reciver ring is marked with the crest of the Venesula
Moto banner at bottom of Crest says: E.E.U.U. DE VENEZEULA

Serial Number on Right Side of Reciever Ring 32XXX - Matching Serial number on Straight Bolt handle and Right side of barrel just forward of reciever

Left side of Reciever before main Ring (opposite ejection port) marked with:
FEB.NAT. D'ARMES de GUERRE
HERSTAL - BELCIQUE

Left Side of Reciever Main Ring is marked:
A Star over an F
Rampant Lion over a Bar over P.V
A single line into a small diamond

Left side of Barrel is marked:
7.0M there is a second mark I thought was a B but appears to be a square over a line.
B.BLINDEE
Rampant Lion over Bar over P.V (same as on reciever)
A Crown over a script R
A Star over F (same as on reciever)
A Crown over an oval containing 4 symbols - E over L G over a star

There is an A in a circle on the right side of the barrel just forward of the reciever ring
There is an A in a square on the underside of the rear sight elevation bar and on the bolt handle. There is also a similar crown over P.V on the bolt handle.

I might be able to get photos up later, but that's the best I can do for now.

Photos

Here are some photos of the rifle's markings:
MAUSER04.jpg

The Crest on the Reciever Ring

MAUSER02.jpg

The stamps on the left side of the barrel and reciever

MAUSER03.jpg

A close of up the reciever stampings

Last edited:
Looks like a Venezuelan contract Mauser type. W/out seeing the whole rifle I can't tell for sure what type it is but for the most part you can check Auctionarms or Gunbroker and try to match.

Here's the full weapon - I'll try to get a better shot of it tomorrow.

R003a.JPG

Straight Bolt handle with no cut for the bolt handle in the stock, Tangent Sight out to 2000m, step tapered barrel.

As you can see the stock has been cut down and was starting to be shaped for a hunting rifle. Stock still has a hold for a cleaning rod in it.

Back
Top Bottom