760,000 Defensive uses of guns every year in US.....only argument you need to make

760,000 Defensive uses of guns every year in US.....only argument you need to make to leftists.......

This is a MINIMUM number and the real number pushes 1.2 million every year......

Compare this to the 8500 murders with a firearm every year and defensive uses outweigh them by almost 90 to 1......

Are anti's really going to take away the gun from the single mother in a poor section of town who has no other means of self defense?

Rinse and repeat argument wrt elderly

The gun is the great equalizer....attempts to ban guns will result in more innocent lives lost every year.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Defensive Gun Use Is Not a Myth

Researcher Reaffirms: At Least 760,000 Defensive Gun Uses a Year | Breitbart

Just the fact please m'am......

Ok, so everyone else should go back to pointlessly whining/crying and complaining in the other chicken little threads while the adults make the arguments and decisions
The problem is the adults are not using facts, just emotion. It is nice to have facts on our side, but emotion is what drives voters.

If someone commits a crime then indict that person and convict. Do not restrict rights. I don't care if the numbers are in our favor or not. 2A is not negotiable.

This is like negotiating with terrorists. They blow something up or kill someone and you cave to their demands.

I don't get this at all.

Eliminate gun free zones so people who choose to can bring a firearm to work. Or arm the teachers if they want to be armed and leave it at that.

Emotion drives some people

A couple weeks are going to go by and at some point the majority of these children are going to start thinking somewhat rationally

This is a simple meme.

760,000 legitimate defensive uses of firearms vs 8500 murders........

... and Zero Democrats' minds changed.

argument for what? How about .gov start following and enforcing all the f***ing laws, may be start with "law of the land" and disban ATF???

Not true at all....I've already had this discussion with a couple of outraged pink pussy libs and they ceased their outrage and started thinking about it.....
If true, and I am not suggesting that it isn't, then great job!

I bet that number is way higher than 1.2M. About 5 years ago I was followed out of the South Shore Plaza into the parking lot by 2 color-claiming youths after buying an iPod with my girlfriend. They were 10 feet away right behind me for the whole 10 minutes it took to get to my car. When I unlocked my car, they split up and tried to surround me. When I got into my car, my jacket may have rode up a bit exposing the butt of mr glock. They decided to go party somewhere else. I know I didn't report this event. I wonder how many others have been in a similar situation.

Dont mean to flame but whats the point of a comment like this
To congratulate. Not sure why you would have interpreted it differently.

Everyone knows its not true, it serves no purpose and doesnt move the ball forward

If folks want to complain/whine/bitch/wring hands there are a pile of other threads to do that in

I just want results and the argument in the OP does exactly that

Okay, rock on dude.

In my experience, minds rarely change. Even when you confront them with evidence that their position is based on pure ignorance, people will still cling to their argument.

Violence is Never The Answer (TM). I believe it so much, I will force you to pay for the armed badge-holders to take your guns, with violence if necessary. It's For Your Own Good (TM).

I hate when people say violence is never the answer. Such an empty headed thing to parrot off. Every major disagreement in human history has been settled with violence.

Violence may not be the answer, but there are times when a principled individual must make the morally correct choice and get the question wrong on purpose.

A man that isn't capable of using violence to solve a violent problem is......Called a woman![rofl]

Not to meant to disrespect a lady that can throw it down when needed!

tl;dr, "shall not be infringed" is the only argument I need to make. Hell, even 1A doesn't have the word INFRINGE in it. You could be told to STFU but they can't take your gun away. Thinkaboudit!

As a researcher,I assure you when it comes to reporting accurate and honest statistics Briebart is just a s skewed as any of the anti-gun guys.

If you want to support your cause, quote statistics from a different source.

Breitbart has a bias
They dont hide this.....in fact they publicize/admit it all the time

That DOESNT distract from the fact that they cite their sources ALL THE TIME.

In October Briebart wrote an article claiming there were 4x as many people stabbed with knives than there were people shot by rifles.

The statistics from the FBI state there were approximately 374 people shot and killed with rifles of any kind in 2016. There were 1,604 people killed with “knives or cutting instruments.”

What Breitbart failed to report was the rate of which people were killed with a firearm that was not identified in police reports as being either a rifle or handgun. They might cite their sources, but they're still being dishonest, unless you honestly believe that roughly 3,000 people were killed with firearms that were not rifles nor pistols in that calendar year.

I'll give Briebart the technicality for their headline, but where it counts- the fact that some states do not report type of firearm or that it may not be known (subject shot with 9mm, weapon and perpetrator unaccounted for) they severely skewed their data and didn't even try to give an explanation.

People should not be using guns for self defense. That's why we have trained first responders. The government is there to take care of those things.

So any number of self defense uses of firearms is too many.

That's right! We don't want any of those poor utes getting shot and dying while they were trying to turn their lives around.;)

Kleck's research/conclusions have been verified/supported by CDC data that was hidden/suppressed/never released to the public....it didnt support statist gun control meme

CDC' data supports Klecks upper end of over 2 million defensive uses of firearms each year..........lets compare that around 8k murders every year........

NARRATIVE FAIL: Newly Discovered CDC Surveys Demolish Anti-Gun Talking Points

This is the only thing folks should be pointing out when the anti's go bonkers.......

If they think things are bad now then imagine how bad things will be when 2 million people are unable to defend themselves every single year......
Will it be like the wild west they keep saying we have to avoid?

Kleck's research/conclusions have been verified/supported by CDC data that was hidden/suppressed/never released to the public....it didnt support statist gun control meme

CDC' data supports Klecks upper end of over 2 million defensive uses of firearms each year..........lets compare that around 8k murders every year........

This is the only thing folks should be pointing out when the anti's go bonkers.......

If they think things are bad now then imagine how bad things will be when 2 million people are unable to defend themselves every single year......

This is after all the same CDC who promotes Tamiflu because the manufacturer pays them to do it, while the FDA who gets no corporate funding says Tamiflu is not effective.

I displayed a firearm in my hand last week to mitigate a hopped up meth head threatening to do me severe bodily harm right at my own front door.
It's very, very effective and I suggest it be done by all when ever the opportunity arises.

He's a two time felony loser who is due in court again in a couple of weeks on 9 charges, two of which are second offense felonies.

He obviously doesn't understand Kentucky's strong Castle Doctrine and how popular it is among law enforcement and the judiciary.

I displayed a firearm in my hand last week to mitigate a hopped up meth head threatening to do me severe bodily harm right at my own front door.
It's very, very effective and I suggest it be done by all when ever the opportunity arises.

He's a two time felony loser who is due in court again in a couple of weeks on 9 charges, two of which are second offense felonies.

He obviously doesn't understand Kentucky's strong Castle Doctrine and how popular it is among law enforcement and the judiciary.

I wish it worked that way up here. I'm pretty sure doing that in MA would basically reserve you a day in court being trumped up on assault with a deadly weapon charges. Then probably being sued by the meth head for emotional distress and having to explain yourself while he sits in front of the jury cuddling his emotional support hamster. [thinking]

So Breitbart wrote a single article back in October that you've got your panties in a twist about?

Are you for real?

Other firearm is exactly that and they are correct in only citing the FBI stats and not attempting to extrapolate further.4

But lets take a more honest look at your whining.....

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

If in 2015 there were ~13,500 deaths with firearms (all)

FBI doesnt explain what Unknown Firearms are in UCR.......so WHY would you assume they are rifles or any other type......you would have to be retarded to make that assumption

Subtract the ~2500 firearms not stated from that and we get 11,000 of known type.

Its not unreasonable for arguments sake to apply same distribution of known against the unknown.......

Of those known firearms a mere 252 were from rifles.....thats 2.3 f***ing % of the 11,000 known's

2.3% of the ~2500 unknowns is a whopping 57 additional.....that brings the total rifle deaths up to just over 300 from ~252.....

Does that move the needle on the argument/comparison to knives?

Not unless you're totally retarded.......

How exactly does that compare to accuracy/citing of sources/etc of CNN?
Yes. But now you have to account for people who were stabbed by rifle bayonets. Is that a rifle or a knife?

That's sarcasm by the way...

This is a bombshell report! I am shocked, shocked, I tell you that the LSM hasn't reported this!

Kleck's studies have been much maligned by the antis! On top of that, this shows EXACTLY why all gun owners and NRA push against the govt doing "research" toward enacting more gun control. It would be like the "climate" researchers tossing data that doesn't agree with their pre-determined outcome.

Don't understand why the argument of 700k or 70k. It is still lots more than those killed. If you take out of gun deaths the suicides (approx half) and the gang bangers on each other, you get down to probably under 10k, maybe 5k. So if 70k cases were prevented, that is still a great ratio.

Back
Top Bottom