• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

760,000 Defensive uses of guns every year in US.....only argument you need to make

Don't understand why the argument of 700k or 70k. It is still lots more than those killed. If you take out of gun deaths the suicides (approx half) and the gang bangers on each other, you get down to probably under 10k, maybe 5k. So if 70k cases were prevented, that is still a great ratio.
Facts and logic never enters into the gun debates. Its always about feelings and emotions.

Any word on the updated copy? It's still offline. (I saved a copy and have been spreading it like mad,.)

Also, can anyone provide a link to the source which indicated the reason why the original was pulled?

Attachments

• SSRN-id3124326.pdf
    262.1 KB · Views: 1
They do not care how they're used, nor do they worry about who uses them. They want all the guns. All the guns.

Unless you're gov't.

760,000 Defensive uses of guns every year in US.....only argument you need to make to leftists.......

This is a MINIMUM number and the real number pushes 1.2 million every year......

Compare this to the 8500 murders with a firearm every year and defensive uses outweigh them by almost 90 to 1......

Are anti's really going to take away the gun from the single mother in a poor section of town who has no other means of self defense?

Rinse and repeat argument wrt elderly

The gun is the great equalizer....attempts to ban guns will result in more innocent lives lost every year.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Defensive Gun Use Is Not a Myth

Researcher Reaffirms: At Least 760,000 Defensive Gun Uses a Year | Breitbart

Just the fact please m'am......

There's no chance that's correct. Why is it that people shred statistics they hate and spew ones they love like they are godspell.

There were what 40,000 homicides last year? And self defense shootings are classified as homicides? 700,000 down to 40k doesn't make mathmatmathe sense. Never mind the actual number.

Sorry don't buy it try again with a realistic number.

There's no chance that's correct. Why is it that people shred statistics they hate and spew ones they love like they are godspell.

There were what 8500 homicides last year? And self defense shootings are classified as homicides? 700,000 down to 8500 doesn't make mathmatmathe sense. Never mind the "actual number"

Sorry don't buy it try again with a realistic number.

Please don't confuse the presence of a gun in a violent crime situation which has been reported and DGU. Defensive Gun Uses are going to be an estimate only and will require the sort of survey work the CDC did to extract that data from a population.

Understanding the scope of DGUs is not only important to justifying our side of the argument, it is absolutely necessary.

I would consider it the most vital pillar of our arguments for continued ownership of logical defensive tools. This isn't something we should lightly pass on. This is the core data which supports our decision to carry a "gun" on any given day.

This is what can separate the "I got feels; I got feels about ma gunz" from. "Yeah, I choose to carry a firearm. Not just because I can, but because they work to prevent violent crimes. I have a right to defend myself against violent crimes. This is my chosen tool to utilize in my defense of liberty in the persuit of happiness."

See what I did there? All our oponents who might be swayable are hearing is "I got feels for ma gunz." We need to stop that message.

This isn't about feels. This is about serious business.

Please don't confuse the presence of a gun in a violent crime situation which has been reported and DGU. Defensive Gun Uses are going to be an estimate only and will require the sort of survey work the CDC did to extract that data from a population.

Understanding the scope of DGUs is not only important to justifying our side of the argument, it is absolutely necessary.

I would consider it the most vital pillar of our arguments for continued ownership of logical defensive tools. This isn't something we should lightly pass on. This is the core data which supports our decision to carry a "gun" on any given day.

This is what can separate the "I got feels; I got feels about ma gunz" from. "Yeah, I choose to carry a firearm. Not just because I can, but because they work to prevent violent crimes. I have a right to defend myself against violent crimes. This is my chosen tool to utilize in my defense of liberty in the persuit of happiness."

See what I did there? All our oponents who might be swayable are hearing is "I got feels for ma gunz." We need to stop that message.

This isn't about feels. This is about serious business.

My point is how many person to person crimes were committed last year.

I'm doubting the validity of the number. I don't hate the tactic because it's out of the other sides playbook. It would only be a question I raise here. Irl that's gospel. But coming on here and spewing it like it is, that's just as irresponsible in my opinion as some donkey on another site saying ar's are extra killy because it's a .223 instead of his grandpas 22 and that extra .003 makes all the difference

Back
Top Bottom