7.62x39 Tula vs Golden Tiger

Golden tiger comes from a “newer” plant- Vympal or something. From what a have seem over the years is they dont make “every” type of cartridge. So they might be producing better ammo more consistantly.
Tula comes from Tula which makes everyrhing
Wolf - well wolf does not really have a home. It subs all its ammo out to who ever can box it up for them at a price point.
Somewhere on the box it usually says at least the country its made in
Good to know

iu

Always Remember: It is good form to Leave some for the rest of us...

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that I shouldn't have bought all 1k rounds of Tula at Walmart?... [laugh]
No that was "Special Ops", and you were keeping that 7.62x39 out of the hands of the Police Departments. Good Lookin' Out...

My Post #34 was a joke. Buy as much as you can afford, or what your Honda Civic can carry across the State Line... [rofl2]

Because...
Massachusetts-CCW-Gun-Laws.jpg

"Massachusetts Welcomes You... to buy your bulk ammo in other states, Tax Free"

Anyone know where I can buy a lightly used New York "Alcohol Van" for cheap transport of interstate ammo runs? Heavy Duty springs are a 'must'...?

hennessy.PNG
11-copy-850x478.jpg

I prefer the Golden Tiger, it has sealed primers and case mouth. It's also pretty accurate in all my AKs.

One thing it doesn't have though is a flash retardant......big fireball every second or third round out of the 10 inch M92 Krinks.

Last edited:
I have seen GT available on some internet sites as well. I'm sure they're getting it from 619DW so I don't see them beating their price, but its a good option if Merrimack is too far to drive for you.

I also have GT imported by ‘star vector Corp’. Same shit, same package, diffeeent importer, no physical address on box.

Factory loaded ammo 1st choice Winchester white box 1st and Golden Tiger second I'm shooting them out of an AR , I've shot a shit ton of steel cased ammo Golden Tiger wins hands down.

It's a tiger, and its golden. That tells you how awesome the ammo is.

I shoot both out of my AK. It loves them, so I usually get the cheapest one.

This is the right answer.

I've always shot both indiscriminately, with no misfires and acceptable accuracy from both. I just get the cheaper box, which is a big part of why I've gone with 7.62x39 rifles anyway. It's not difficult to make them go bang.

I've always shot both indiscriminately, with no misfires and acceptable accuracy from both. I just get the cheaper box, which is a big part of why I've gone with 7.62x39 rifles anyway. It's not difficult to make them go bang.
Same here. I think if people were able to buy Tula at 13 cents per round like I was, they’d buy it too[laugh] It’s a no brainer.

I used to shoot a ton of Tulammo 9x19 back when I owned a Beretta 92. Had zero problems in terms of function. The only complaint I had was that the red primer sealant would stick in certain nooks and crannies of the frame.

Never shot GT though.

Same here. I think if people were able to buy Tula at 13 cents per round like I was, they’d buy it too[laugh] It’s a no brainer.
Bro the regular Tula FMJ is going for $0.17/rnd on TargetSports. That's basically 9mm prices. It's a no brainer. Find me 30 cal for cheaper.

Self-Cleaning Round...?

I have no proof, but I think Golden Tiger leaves my barrel and bolt cleaner than it found it...

Lol, it is one and the same importer, in reality. [laugh]

-Mike
Really.... well I did get it not far from 619dw. It has an email and phone number. If I didnt know exactly where to get more I would maybe call or email....

The last 500 round pack of GT I got from 619 had 4 duds. First time I've had an issue. Not a big enough issue to keep me from buying more though.
I’ve had issues with the GT 223, shooting in just barely double digit temps, rifle length. It didn’t always cycle, which tells me it’s a little weak. American brass cases cheap stuff cycled flawless. For the price, it’s accurate enough, no dirtier than expensive stuff, and works in NFA registered accessories.

Back
Top Bottom