7.62 x 39 Ammo Prices Up?

MaverickNH

NES Member
SO last time I bought 2 cases of Golden Tiger 7.62 x 39 for my AK was Spring, at $189.99/1000 at Manchester Firing Line. I'm seeing $250/1000 shipped everywhere now. When did this happen???[angry]

Rileys was $195, at least before the election. Not sure if they jacked it up now or what... I bet they have trouble keeping ammo in stock given the
current "runs on the gun stores"

-Mike

I hope that with the price of Oil down about 66% and the price of Gas down about 50% that the price of ammo will follow soon.

I hope that with the price of Oil down about 66% and the price of Gas down about 50% that the price of ammo will follow soon.

I would think with the decline in metal commodity prices that they would have gone down but I was wrong there. I think it's more of a "Well, people are already buying at this price what's another 10-15% increase?" Plus I bet the profits the companies are making are pretty nice.

Problem is these guys probably buy copper by the tons, etc, so copper dropping probably doesn't make much difference until it catches up in the cycle...

Now with the obama crap you have the problem of demand being pegged at
maximum, which doesn't help things there.

-Mike

I would think with the decline in metal commodity prices that they would have gone down but I was wrong there. I think it's more of a "Well, people are already buying at this price what's another 10-15% increase?" Plus I bet the profits the companies are making are pretty nice.

Speculation will keep the demand high atleast for a while, and so the prices will be as well. All fueled by the AWB bill, Ammunition Ban fears, etc.

I bought a case of some kinda of ammo for 185 last week. I should open it up...probably wolf...lol

You have to know where to buy cheap and stack deep.[wink]

Please no PMs about where/how, they'll be ignored. I've been telling everyone about Hotshot ammo thats cheap for months now and have stockpiled. Its still the best bet in 7.62x39 out there and is even a little cleaner than the overpriced Wolf crap thats around.

i think golden tiger and wolf work excellent in my wasr, zero complaints!

grant has the most recent price ive seen it for @ rileys for $195.00 / 1,000 7.62x39

Copper, lead and oil are less than half what they cost last summer. When this election-fueled hoarding dies out in a couple weeks/months I think we're going to see ammo cheaper than we've seen in a couple years.

We all hope so. I heard that the scrap metal market has imploded, largely due to the lack of purchases from China. Well, that leaves more for us; however, it will take a while for the price decrease to cycle through.

In the meantime, I'm supporting the CMP.

Back
Top Bottom