6 hours , 100 miles $90 lunch that sucked

6 hours , 100 miles $90 lunch that sucked
Did anything else get sucked last night? :D
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Do you have the case and need the box? Or, both?
That's what I was going to ask.

I wonder if gun shops like Noah's Motors in Saugus or Glenn's Ammo in N. Reading would have boxes and/or cases? They deal with Garands and other CMP rifles regularly. Of course Mac lives on the south shore but wouldn't be more than an hour drive on a weekend.

LOL !

Have you tried "The Enchanted Village" at Jordan's Furniture yet?

(snicker)

We did that one Christmas 4 or so years ago. Went AFTER Christmas at o'dark-thirty. Before hte crowds got there. It was OK. I liked that stuff better in teh windows at Jordan Marsh personally. But that was before my kids' time.

As far as BPS, if it were 50 miles away, I'd not go either. And I'd NEVER go to CBS Scene. Gosh that place is overpriced and overrated. Red Wing was just up the road.

We did that one Christmas 4 or so years ago. Went AFTER Christmas at o'dark-thirty. Before hte crowds got there. It was OK. I liked that stuff better in teh windows at Jordan Marsh personally. But that was before my kids' time.

As far as BPS, if it were 50 miles away, I'd not go either. And I'd NEVER go to CBS Scene. Gosh that place is overpriced and overrated. Red Wing was just up the road.

I think kids were more easily impressed years ago.

Yup I feel your pain. Was just at Cabelas yesterday. they are getting just like Bass Pro. They have removed the bargain cave and ate in process of removing them from every store if they haven't already. That was my main reason for heading up there. Yea it was hit or miss but I liked rummaging through the junk in there. I looked at a pistol. Guy said you can look but I cant sell you one. I said yup I know you have to ship it to a MA FL. He said nope! No handgun sales to MA residents. First time I heard that one??? Well it cost me nothing because I didnt spend a dime for once!

I think kids were more easily impressed years ago.

I think we were not bombarded with all sorts of other sensory input. It was very cool when I was little. Where else did you see elves moving around??? No DVD. Heck, no VCR at that point. Go to Jordan's, get a muffin, see the village in the windows, go up to the toy section on the top floor and grab 5 Star Wars action figures so you can order your Boba Fett. Good old days. :)

I was watching The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix this weekend. It's almost perfect - only telling because it was obvious because of hte shot, but just about anything can be digitally recreated these days. They did butterflies, fish and a deer in a meadow. (Pretty sure it was fake - or just superimposed. Full shining rack in Spring???). All were pretty lifelike.

What is a kid to think these days? Too much input.

My kids got a kick out of it, but not to the extent I did. I even liked wandering up to Washington St in my college and just-after years to see the display in the windows. :( It wasn't the same at some warehouse'y part of Jordan's Furniture. Cold with the smell of snow is best.

Cabelas is better than BP for now. They at least have used guns that once and a while you can find a deal on.

All the other stuff is the same, and their selection usually sucks. I almost can never find what I'm looking for unless its maybe ammo.

I buy 80% of my stuff on line now, and just about 100% of my new guns as well. Kittery, I stlll have store credit, so I will shop there sometimes, but they are starting to suck just as bad with selection. Not really worth the trip unless wife wants to go up there.

In reality, a good ride to NH stopping at all the stores along 3 up to Hookset is a better day trip.

I just don't do that until after hunting season, as I have no time to waste this time of year, I'm generally working or hunting, and not much else.

I live four miles from Gillette so BassPro is convenient, I'd never drive an hour to one (or Cabelas for that matter). If I was driving by one I'd probably stop in. I haven't eaten at CBS since they renovated the place a few months ago but when it was CBS Scene the food was awful and expensive, you go there to watch a game and drink, not for the food. Another place at Gillette that is all about the ambiance/drinking but the food isn't great is Bar Louie. Saga Hibachi at Gillette is pretty bad too.

Isn’t that the place that caved to a bunch of chucks complaining about the fashion show? The only reason to go their is to take a dump in the isle and leave.

Used to go to the Red Wing when we were kids living in Norwood, fried clams and pizza. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom