6/25 IDPA@HSC with DMG SIDE STAGE

Excellent match today! Good Job WeedWhacker! Very thankful the rain did not come today.

Yeah.. I was a little depressed driving in to set up with pouring rain and thunder... but once I got there the rain stopped and we didn't have any all day. That was nice!

Nice job Aaron- but man, that stage 1... yikes! Good job everyone.

oh and I hope the guy w/ the 870 catastrophic failure gets a new gun from Remington! glad to see that you are all right

Holy crap! What happened? Who was it?

on the DMG shotgun stage, someone's 870 kaboomed. Barrel and mag extension went flying, bolt was jammed up forward past the ejection port and a big cloud of smoke
I'm not sure how it happened.

Seven, weedwacker has ur mag. It was still on the table at the end of the match.

Lugnut. - 1st slug on the shotgun part blew the mag ext right off. Out came the barrel, mag spring, etc. Luckily it wasnt a kaboom but scary none the less. Shooter was just holding the stock and action in his hands and the rest of the gun was on the ground.

I hope to see everyone next month:) Quite a few new shooters today do not let stage 1 scare you off [smile]

Thanks again to the those that helped make this match happen today!!!

Aaron

What was this now infamous stage 1? (I was otherwise occupied introducing 50+ women to the wonderful world of firearms today).

targets hidden between stacks of barrels. You only had a narrow sliver of target available to shoot. Had to do it from left and right of cover, plus strong hand only

Lugnut. - 1st slug on the shotgun part blew the mag ext right off. Out came the barrel, mag spring, etc. Luckily it wasnt a kaboom but scary none the less. Shooter was just holding the stock and action in his hands and the rest of the gun was on the ground.
That was truly epic. I was about 30 yards back, heard the shot, and then saw the barrel go pinwheeling off the gun. Never seen that happen before.

First rule of 3-gun - make sure all three guns work.

That was truly epic. I was about 30 yards back, heard the shot, and then saw the barrel go pinwheeling off the gun. Never seen that happen before.

First rule of 3-gun - make sure all three guns work.

Wow! Does anyone know exactly how or why this happened?

It looks like the threads on the forend weren't in spec. They felt almost flat on top.

It really sounded like a kaboom, too. Glad it wasn't.

I forgot to shoot targets, hit no-shoots, and had my first-even double-feed. I was way off my game today.

Thanks to WeedWacker for a well-run match, though.

Aaron,

Thanks for a wonderful day and to all SO as well. This was my first IDPA and everyone made me feel very welcome. I got the privilege to shoot with a great bunch of guys thanks stage 3 group. I do look forward to try and get to more. I'm so very happy the rain held off. Well maybe not for the soldiers setting up in it and thanks to them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks Aaron for a great, but tough match. I sucked as usual, and left feeling like I usually do: that I need much, much more range time. [wink] I'm really glad the rain held off. I was joking at registration that since I started shooting IDPA in April it seems like at least 1/2 the matches I've shot have been in the rain.

Thanks also to FSTC for loaning me your AK and shotgun.

Attachments

• MWT JUNE 2011 Match Results.pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 61
  • MWT JUNE 2011 Stage Details.pdf
    45.7 KB · Views: 25
  • MWT JUNE 2011 DMG Results.pdf
    58 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
gratz Ken, good shooting. wait a sec that was your 1st match in the new class and you won it? that is extra sweet. -Craig

Awesome, 21 shooters for the DMG side match. Sounds like enough interest to put together a dedicated DMG match once or twice a year. If someone steps up as MD, you can count on me to help.

Awesome, 21 shooters for the DMG side match. Sounds like enough interest to put together a dedicated DMG match once or twice a year. If someone steps up as MD, you can count on me to help.
Jeff there has been some additions to the 3 gun noob thread.

Aaron,

Thanks for a wonderful day and to all SO as well. This was my first IDPA and everyone made me feel very welcome. I got the privilege to shoot with a great bunch of guys thanks stage 3 group. I do look forward to try and get to more. I'm so very happy the rain held off. Well maybe not for the soldiers setting up in it and thanks to them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd never know it was your 1st IDPA match, you did very well unlike myself... always remember to do a reload before a steel activated target when you only have one round left... not a good way to start the day.... nothing like a buzzer to ruin your plan..

Thanks Aaron for a great job with the match and thanks to all who helped make it happen and to John for the scoring. I'm glad my buddy dragged me out to shoot since I had initially written it off cause of the rain... Another great day shooting!!

Fun match, but damn I shot poorly. I think I got better hits years ago, at my first IDPA match ever.

Apparently shooting is a very perishable skill. No more "too busy to go shooting this week" for me. I'm thinking I'm going to have to practice, say, every other day if I want any hope of the EX bump at NER.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom