• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

6/25 IDPA@HSC with DMG SIDE STAGE

Fellow shooters.

I invite you all to MetroWestTactical's June 25th IDPA match at Harvard Sportsmen Club.

I am also pleased to announce that we will be running 6 stages along with an optional 3 GUN DMG SIDE stage[smile] Round Count: 6 Pistol, 17 Rifle, 2 Slugs, 4 Bird Shot

Registration begins at 9:15AM
1st shots at 10AM

DMG side stage will be run at the end of the match. Stop by and have a look :)

Last edited:
Sounds great. I'm glad I just bought a shotgun.

How many mags are needed for the rifle portion?

What's the total roundcount for the non-DMG portion?

Sounds great. I'm glad I just bought a shotgun.

How many mags are needed for the rifle portion?

What's the total roundcount for the non-DMG portion?

Iram - We will not have any mandatory mag changes for any gun on the DMG stage. So if you have a 20 or 30 you'll be fine, or if you only have 10rd-ers, you'll need 2.

Looking forward to it. Dont have the weapons cache to shoot side matches but looks like another new shooter like myself will be geared up and ready to go. Weather like tOnight would be perfect

Looking forward to it. Dont have the weapons cache to shoot side matches but looks like another new shooter like myself will be geared up and ready to go. Weather like tOnight would be perfect

Don't have a carbine or shotgun? Bring some good quality factory ammo for each. Someone will probably let you borrow theirs.

Don't have a carbine or shotgun? Bring some good quality factory ammo for each. Someone will probably let you borrow theirs.

Yup. Anyone with factory brass cased 223 is welcome to use my AR. My shotgun is up for grabs too, but that's just a cheesy mossberg 500.

I am unfamiliar with IDPA rules. I see some mention of "removing a scope"; does this mean that optics are not allowed?

I am unfamiliar with IDPA rules. I see some mention of "removing a scope"; does this mean that optics are not allowed?

Optics are not allowed on shotguns. My Remington 870 is set up for deer hunting with a low power shotgun scope. Optics are allowed on rifles. Go to idpa.com and read the DMG rules.

DMG Update

For those of you planning on running the DMG side stage. The side stage will be run after completion of the 6 stage match. Leave all your gear packed away till the completion of the match, unless you really want to lug it around :)

Fellow shooters.

I invite you all to MetroWestTactical's June 25th IDPA match at Harvard Sportsmen Club.

I am also pleased to announce that we will be running 6 stages along with an optional 3 GUN DMG SIDE stage[smile] Round Count: 6 Pistol, 17 Rifle, 2 Slugs, 4 Bird Shot

Registration begins at 9:15AM
1st shots at 10AM

DMG side stage will be run at the end of the match. Stop by and have a look :)

are there any rules on birdshot size/type?

If I can make it to this match (which I really want to)... my AR and Shotgun may also be used by anyone if they'd like. Just bring brass cased .223/5.56 and you can shoot away. Like Jeff my Mossberg is only a measly 500.

One more thing to mention guys. We will be shooting a steel target as part of the DMG. Please make sure you do not have steel core ammo. We'll be checking rounds with a magnet

did anybody find a 20 round mag loaded with 223 Gold Dots at the DMG stage? The mag should have a piece of red tape on the back.

I left right after I shot the DMG stage and I think I left it on the bench. They are lead soft point rounds. Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom