6/25 IDPA@HSC with DMG SIDE STAGE

You'd never know it was your 1st IDPA match, you did very well unlike myself... always remember to do a reload before a steel activated target when you only have one round left... not a good way to start the day.... nothing like a buzzer to ruin your plan..
Are you talking about the yacht stage? I was ASO and was running someone in SSP on that stage. I was counting his rounds and when he didn't do a tac reload before the hitting the steel that activated the double popup (first the threat target, then the non-threat in front of it) I was thinking to myself "oh, he's so screwed..."

Someone on Brianenos.com compared the buzzer to those flashy things on Men in Black -- the buzzer seems to blank my mind on occasion.

Are you talking about the yacht stage? I was ASO and was running someone in SSP on that stage. I was counting his rounds and when he didn't do a tac reload before the hitting the steel that activated the double popup (first the threat target, then the non-threat in front of it) I was thinking to myself "oh, he's so screwed..."

Someone on Brianenos.com compared the buzzer to those flashy things on Men in Black -- the buzzer seems to blank my mind on occasion.

That would be the one. Kept reminding myself I needed to get the reload done before getting there and then never did. It dawned on me when I heard the hit on the steel and then simultaneously saw the clamshell activate and my slide locked back... The scramble to reload resulted in a dropped mag that I had to knock the dirt off of and then forgot to put a second round in the first target before completing..... Damn buzzer... Good times...

Fun match, but damn I shot poorly. I think I got better hits years ago, at my first IDPA match ever.

Apparently shooting is a very perishable skill. No more "too busy to go shooting this week" for me. I'm thinking I'm going to have to practice, say, every other day if I want any hope of the EX bump at NER.

You probably shot twice as fast or more now though. A lot of the speed you picked up probably isn't actually shooting speed, but the speed of everything else. If you focus back on seeing the sights for every shot, your time won't slow much and your hits will come back.

Do you do any dry fire practice at home? When I did that regularly, I improved a lot in a short time. I really need to stop making excuses and start putting in the time again.

You probably shot twice as fast or more now though. A lot of the speed you picked up probably isn't actually shooting speed, but the speed of everything else. If you focus back on seeing the sights for every shot, your time won't slow much and your hits will come back.

Very possible. My actual shooting and everything else has probably slowed relative to a few months ago, though. Nothing felt smooth, and it showed.
Do you do any dry fire practice at home? When I did that regularly, I improved a lot in a short time. I really need to stop making excuses and start putting in the time again.

Well, I was going to, but then [insert excuse]. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom