• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

550 PARA CORD SURVIVAL BRACELET- HOW TO

Guys and Girls figured some of may enjoy tring to make one of these paracord bracelets. I came across a real simple video on YOUTUBE of course, I made my wife one tonight for the first time and it really was easy once you get into a groove, this guy also has some other cool videos as well you may want to check out. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9U_cYyhRiA

Since I started carrying a firearm, I've also started carrying a leatherman, folder, and flash light. I use them all the freakin' time. I don't know how I got along before.

Since I can now carry around some paracord in style, is it worth it? How often do you guys find a use for it?

Since I can now carry around some paracord in style, is it worth it? How often do you guys find a use for it?

... never... but it looks good...

The only thing that I've regularly used para cord for is as a laundry / towel line in my sleep tent.

ETA: ...and to hold up my mosquito netting.

Last edited:
Never needed to use it yet, but ive got it if I do need it, got a nifty key fob I have with me always, and made myself a bracelet for when im out in the field. On a side note it seemed that every other dealer at the show was selling the bracelets, I should have bought a couple hundred feet of paracord from the guy in the back at 10$/100ft.

I think that you can still get it for very good prices at AAFES stores... I've got a bunch around here somewhere.

There are some awesome paracord weave patterns you can use for lanyards, bracelets, key fobs, etc., but a lot require gutting the cord. The trick is finding one that holds a ton of cord without getting super bulky.

google Stormdrane if you want to see all that can be done with paracord, there is another guy out of Bedford NH that is pretty darn good as well that goes by the youtube name of Paracordist

google Stormdrane if you want to see all that can be done with paracord, there is another guy out of Bedford NH that is pretty darn good as well that goes by the youtube name of Paracordist

I found Kevin (A.K.A the Paracordist) over on SurvivalTopics. I love his videos, and I love how, even though he sells this stuff, he shows you how to make it for yourself. He has made some awesome monkey fist lanyards.

I've bought 1000' spools online for $35, and I have a few smaller spools that I bought up at the Army Barracks in Salem, NH.

I made a rifle sling, too, for my shotgun. I used about 40' of cord to make about a 4' sling. The hardest part is managing all of the slack material.

Thats one of my next projects, how much cord did you end up using? I expect it took quite a while and a few screw ups [wink]

I did have to restart over a few times do to screw ups so it took a few hours. I am not sure on how much cord I used I bought two bundles at the army barracks and used most of it . The weave I used on the top of the sling is called a wide solomon weave and then I used a normal solomon weave on the thiner part of the sling I wanted to have the whole sling wide but I ran out of the tan cord but overall i think it came out great.
ar 1.jpg ar2.jpg

Been messing around with the para cord myself. Not so good at it yet, but I have only tried a couple of things so far.
Here is a knife I was messing with.
IMAG0115.jpg

Since I started carrying a firearm, I've also started carrying a leatherman, folder, and flash light. I use them all the freakin' time. I don't know how I got along before.

I carry a short length of king cobra weave paracord on my keychain. I actually did have to untie it once and use it. I was walking my parents yellow lab and the clip on the collar broke. I used the paracord to tie the two ends of the collar together so we could finish the walk.

I know, not a crazy survival story where paracord saved my life...but it did come in handy.

What I really like paracord for is in making slings for long guns. I've got both of my shotguns with paracord weave slings. One is a tri-color. OD Green cobra weave, with a black and tan king cobra weave over it. The second sling is just a black cobra weave.

Slings, I've noticed that. I like edin's knife, so I think I'll make one of those (after I buy a blade), a lanyard, and a sling for my 91/30 since the original is pretty nasty.

So the next question, best local place to pick some up?

I also want to purchase some (without ordering online) I really only want like 50-80' feet of it. Anybody have some they want to sell to me?

Thanks. Maybe when my girl has her friends over for a play day, I'll show them this. Heck, maybe they can make nice bracelets for each other for Christmas. Lord knows I have a couple 100 yards of it.

So I ordered some up could not get the link to work via Amazon but choose another vendor there. It as $12.57 for a 100 cut of black 550lb Type 3, cord.

That was 6.99 plus s/h of $5.58

I said what the hell and just pulled the trigger even though I was hoping to get it under $10 with shipping. I plan on doing the wrap around on my AR stock.

wife picked up a decent belt buckle on amazon and made me a belt... also working on a dog collar for the mutt if he ever gets to take me pheasant hunting.

I built a jig for man-child to make his para cord bracelets on:

PA052486.jpg

He made me this one out of orange reflective para cord with a whistle built into the buckle:

PA042474.jpg

The knot is doubled up, so there is seventeen feet of seven-strand para cord in the bracelet:

PA042475.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom