501 Not Implemented The requested method is not implemented by the server.

Varmint

NES Member
I'm getting this error with Chrome and can't log in. Works in Firefox but I prefer Chrome. Anyone know how to fix this?

Only happens with NES, no other websites.

I'm getting this error with Chrome and can't log in. Works in Firefox but I prefer Chrome. Anyone know how to fix this? Only happens with NES, no other websites.

I don't see that on Chrome. My usual suggestion is to clear your cache, shut down your browser, restart, and reload.

I don't see that on Chrome. My usual suggestion is to clear your cache, shut down your browser, restart, and reload.

^^^^ What he said. Might be another round of SSL updates or (if you don't update your browser regularly) the SHA-1 drop that happened a few months back might be hitting you.

Clear your cache and cookies for the site. It has to do with the funky certificate in use.
I have had it a couple times with both firefox and chrome.
Clearing cookies and cache seemed to solve it.

What OS are you guys using?

I'm on a Mac with Firefox. The only time I get this 501 error is when I I click on an email redirect to here for a private message notification. If I clear cookies and history, it comes right back as a new error. If I clear cookies and history, I can sign in fine but not when I try the email redirect.

Thanks guys, I cleared just the NES cookies for NES (not cache or all cookies) and that seemed to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

I get her fine with Chrome on both Windows 7 and OS X.

It was definitely intermittant - got in once yesterday, but not several other times. I'm in Win7.

Will see if it comes back after I cleared the cookies.

Clear the cache. Clearing the cache is almost always more important than clearing cookies. JavaScript files change and often your browser misses the change.

I'm getting this error with Chrome and can't log in. Works in Firefox but I prefer Chrome. Anyone know how to fix this?

Only happens with NES, no other websites.

Same here except I have a MAC and can get NES with Safari although I much prefer using Chrome since Safari locks up on me frequently. What's up with that?

Edit:

Good call by sHORTY.............it worked!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom