5.45x39

So, I'm kicking myself for not stocking up on 5.45x39. I have an unopened spam can, but I consider it my limited "go time" supply and really don't want to break the seal. I have a few boxes of silver bear left, but am getting low.

I know it's a long shot given the current climate, but anyone seen any 5.45x39 in their recent travels? I'm willing to drive. Would prefer silverbear or wolf, but would scoop up surplus as well.

Nope. But Collector's up in NH has 7.62x39 Golden Tiger in which is very, very hard to find. Give them a call and see if they can order some 5.45 for you. For the price that it used to be sold at, I'm not surprised. I'm kicking myself for not building an AK when I could have. Fun caliber.

Holy crap. Just called and they have some wolf. Bad news is they want over 80 cents per round. I'm not that desperate, yet...

Thanks for the lead though.

If it showed up at AIM, I am going to guess that a new shipment arrived. A while ago the rumor was another, higher priced supply was coming in January. I would get on every email notification you can and have a friend out of state order you some. It will go fast, I think AIM sold 600 cases in like one hour.

Locally there is either none or it is at a 300% markup.

North Shore had a supply of Wolf, but that was 2 weeks ago. Haven't been in recently. Was $6 a box

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Last place I got some was at Pullman Arms in Worcester (Wolf soft point) which was post-madness. It was ~200 for a case which is about right for soft point. IDC Firearms in Clinton also had at least one spam can of surplus when I was there, but that was weeks ago. Then again, it was hidden behind the counter and I had to ask about 5.45 to even see it so it could still be there. Don't recall price. Now that I think of it, IDC also had some in plain white boxes with black text from a company I had not heard of. It was Russian, and marked as non corrosive. Don't recall price but it wasn't insane.

just be patient. its crazy time. now is not the time to be buying anything.

it'll blow over. 2008 was similar, although not this bad across the board.

just be patient. its crazy time. now is not the time to be buying anything.

it'll blow over. 2008 was similar, although not this bad across the board.

Ya, I hear ya. Just looking to have some ammo to play with over the coming months without digging into the "go time" stash.

I won't out him here unless he wishes to out himself, but a fellow NESer just sent me a PM letting me know he just picked up a case of non-corrosive at a fair price and would sell to me at cost. Made my night! :)

So, I'm kicking myself for not stocking up on 5.45x39. I have an unopened spam can, but I consider it my limited "go time" supply and really don't want to break the seal. I have a few boxes of silver bear left, but am getting low.

I know it's a long shot given the current climate, but anyone seen any 5.45x39 in their recent travels? I'm willing to drive. Would prefer silverbear or wolf, but would scoop up surplus as well.

I'm in the same boat. I was shooting my corrosive stash a couple weeks ago. I'd buy clean ammo if i could find some!

I'm in the same boat. I was shooting my corrosive stash a couple weeks ago. I'd buy clean ammo if i could find some!

im kicking my self for not buying the 5,45x39 upper and stacking cases when the 2180 round cases where 299!!!! keep looking my favorite places just sold out of just about everything

IDC in Clinton does in fact have some, but prices are not so great. 50 cents a round for non-corrosive, 375 for a 1080 round spam can.

IDC upped their prices then. The non corrosive was under 8 a box a little while ago.

Yeah. Their price before the madness was pretty bad too honestly, because they sell 20 rd boxes rather than 30. I'm used to buying 30 round boxes for under 8.

i was able to pick up some yesterday in milford NH, saturday slgs in mason sold out shortly after i grabbed a handful @ $6 per 30box of surplus. i think the only way to come up with 5.45x39 is to stop by the not so favorite gun stores. thats where i landed it. the place i went in milford was dead, business wise, but when i was at SLGS an hour before hand (trying to get what i didnt buy on saturday)the place was mobbed only 15 mins after opening. i only left 60rds of wolf on the shelf as im just plain ol poor after just purchasing my AK74.

Kinda kicking myself for selling off the 20 cans of this I sold last summer!

Back
Top Bottom