5.45x39 availability in MA

I've been debating buying an AK74 variant for awhile. Finally have the money but not 100% sure. I haven't seen ammo at any of the shops I go to in the metrowest area (BandK, MFS, Holliston, and GFA). I haven't been looking until recently and was curious if the ammo readily available? Or is it going to be hit or miss? Always see it online, but not local.

There are some good deals on line if they will ship to MA. If you have any friends in NH you can have it shipped to them.

Are you only interested in non-corrosive ammo? If not I could give you some info (privately of course) on getting 2,180 rounds of corrosive surplus ammo for $395 shipped.

get a 7.62 AK...I have found for ammo available for this caliber. Its also a good heavy round. i shoot a lot of it

Already have an AK, just looking for something different. Love the AK platform and thought it would be fun to have a 74 as well. But the lack of prebans is keeping me away. Found one site with them but the are bakelites and would look funny with an Arsenal sgl34 and they want almost $50 a mag. But still keeping it on the back burner for now as I can't figure out what to spend my money on.

I was feeling the same as you..not quite sure about spending $$$ on an AK74 , the money I paid for an AK74 as compared to an AK47 was slightly more but I have more than made up the extra cost by being able to buy ammo that is almost half the cost of 7.62.

There's usually tons of 5.45 x 39 up in NH for non rape prices. Hit up Collectible, Rileys, and Shooters outpost... one of these will have bulk ammo for good prices.

-Mike

There's usually tons of 5.45 x 39 up in NH for non rape prices. Hit up Collectible, Rileys, and Shooters outpost... one of these will have bulk ammo for good prices.

-Mike
You should contact / visit 619 Guns and Ammo in Merrimack NH its selling 5.45x39 Golden Tiger 1000 rds $500

You should contact / visit 619 Guns and Ammo in Merrimack NH its selling 5.45x39 Golden Tiger 1000 rds $500
That's steep. Still ammo out there you can find for less. I bought 2 cases from Four Seasons 4 months ago for $120 less. Just have to keep an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom