.41 mag lee die problem

I bought a set of Lee dies and have only used the expander and seating die so far. Neither one of these have given me any problem loading new all ready primed Remington brass.

But when I went to set up the decapping/sizing die, the rounds wouldn't go in past a 1/4 inch and would get stuck and I had to forcefully pull them out. .

So I backed the die up as far as I could and tried it. The rounds were still doing the same thing, just going in about a 1/4 inch.

I called Lee and they said send it back. Which I don't want to do.

Any suggestions?

Is it a carbide die? Check it for the right size.

Also, if you send it back to Lee, they will make it right.

It's a carbide die and it came as part of the set. I was wondering if I should take it apart and spray it with dry lube.

You might want to take it apart and clean it. I use Rem oil to clean my dies.

Try the dry lube on a few and see haw they work. I use One Shot on shells that are tight. Not a lot. Just a quick spray, mix them up, another spray and let them sit for 5 min. It works good.

I don't lube the shells becuse I thought you didn't have to using carbide dies. I'll give them a shot of one lube and try it again.

Lube is not necessary with a straight wall pistol caliber and carbide die. This is not a "tight" die. Brass is malleable and the die could be significantly undersized and still function. Send it back and they will fix it or get you a new one in no time.

Back
Top Bottom