.357 mag lead ammo

The indoor range i shoot at does not have a backstop capable of
taking a hit from a jacketed bullet, so all bullets must be lead only!

I can not seem to find any all lead .357 mag ammo anywhere, has anyone
seen any or know of a good source.

I am sick of only shooting .38 spl. and it is really cold for the outdoor
range[crying]

Bullseye in Woonsocket, RI has some pretty decent reloads and they're decently priced. (or were, the last time I was there). Sorry for no link, but gun sites are EEEEE-vil and are (mostly) blocked here at work. [rolleyes]

Ted Oven at Northeast Trading, since he caters to a lot of cowboy shooters, he's likely to have .357 lead. He also reloads commercially I believe.

Bullseye in Woonsocket, RI has some pretty decent reloads and they're decently priced. (or were, the last time I was there). Sorry for no link, but gun sites are EEEEE-vil and are (mostly) blocked here at work. [rolleyes]

Four Seasons stocks this ammo. Good stuff! I have shot it in 40, 9, and 38 personally! Also, if the guy from M&M reloads is at the gun show this month, his stuff is top notch!

Sounds like Woburn Sportsmens Club.

Sure does... SUCKS! The only saving grace of that club, is it's only a 1.5 mile drive from my house. If it is Woburn Sportsmans, they don't allow ANY magnum cartridges either way on the indoor range.

Thanks for the help guys, looks like I will have to take a drive out east. Better get the horse and buggy ready now.

357 magnum

Better check to see if the range is also no magnum loads! Most metal backstops that don't handle copper jackets are also posted no magnum loads! You don't want to upset the old boys, and get shut off.

Mags up to and including .44 mag are okay just no jacketed bullets, they leave dents in the backstop. The club is currently waiting on grants from the NRA as I am sure a lot of other clubs are too. But for now just lead.[sad2]

Kittery has .357 JSP rounds for 15.99 and I believe they also had lead for under $20. The problem is that if you go there, you will walk out with a lot more than just ammo.

Does anybody know if JSP would have the same effect on the backstop as jacketed bullets or would the soft point be okay?

JSP doesn't beat up the backstop nearly as much as FMJ and not much more than pure lead.

That said, follow your range rules. If the rules are no fully jacketed ammo, then you're golden. If the rules are no jacketed ammo of any type, switch ranges.

Just last week Roach's in cambridge had 357 full lead in stock. they also had the bags of reload semi wadcutters in 357 lead.

Back
Top Bottom