• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taking Delta Airlines to Texas

I was wondering if anyone has taken their guns recently with Delta from Logan Airport? Ideally I would like to bring a pre-Maura rifle for hog hunting. If I do should I expect major hassles? I will not be bringing my preban mags.

no one cares about your pre-maura, pre-bans, pre-anything, post anything. bring whatever guns you want to texas with whatever magazines you want. the airline employees who check your luggage dont know what a pre-anything is or care. did you fill out the declaration? Is the gun unloaded? Is the case locked? Next...

Texas is a free state and also does not care about your pre-anything.

stop over thinking this

Very easy leaving from Logan, not so much coming back from Texas, ironically.

I was just in San Antonio a couple weeks ago, travel there frequently, every single time I’m leaving from SA Airport and declare a firearm I get taken immediately into a back room and molested for close to 30 mins by TSA idiots.

They take everything out of my bag and wand/swab it for explosive particles. They’ve never once asked to see my firearms to make sure they’re unloaded. They take the boxes out and start wanding my dirty socks and pants or what not. Once kept me there for an additional 20mins while they tried to figure out what a “chem light” was and if it was safe/authorized to travel with. No joke. That airport is a f***** joke.

Two weeks ago I got so mad about the constant harassment I asked an airport cop to take me to the TSA office where I lit into them about harassing people exercising their 2A rights. I was pissed and they looked startled, not sure what I was going to do, the cop agreed and walked away leaving me there in their office.

There was some blubbering and stuttering and mixed responses with no good answers and I walked out before I missed my flight. Just be aware that it will prolly happen on your return flight.

SA is the geographical butthole of the Continental United States. Just remember that.

And this: Delta -

Doesn't
Ever
Leave
The
Airport

Back
Top Bottom