• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

C'mon Out and Help Fight Closure of Granby 1000 yd Range - Appeal Hearing Oct 23rd

The Granby Board of Appeals will hold a postponed Public Hearing from October 23, 2017 on November 20, 2017 at the Granby Senior-Junior High School Cafeteria, 385 East State Street, Granby MA 01033. 6:30 PM- to consider the petition of Justin Raphaelson, Esq. on behalf of the Granby Bow and Gun Club Inc. seeking an appeal of the Board of Selectmen’s decision, acting as the Zoning Enforcement officer dated September 6, 2017 with regards to 85 Chicopee Street, known as Map 15 Parcels C3,4,5,6,7,9,20,11 and 12 in the Town of Granby, MA. In addition to the above hearing, the Board of Appeals intends to conduct a public meeting following said hearings as time permits.

Notice the change of location for the meeting.

The Granby Board of Appeals will hold a postponed Public Hearing from October 23, 2017 on November 20, 2017 at the Granby Senior-Junior High School Cafeteria, 385 East State Street, Granby MA 01033. 6:30 PM- to consider the petition of Justin Raphaelson, Esq. on behalf of the Granby Bow and Gun Club Inc. seeking an appeal of the Board of Selectmen’s decision, acting as the Zoning Enforcement officer dated September 6, 2017 with regards to 85 Chicopee Street, known as Map 15 Parcels C3,4,5,6,7,9,20,11 and 12 in the Town of Granby, MA. In addition to the above hearing, the Board of Appeals intends to conduct a public meeting following said hearings as time permits.

Just a reminder that this is coming this Monday the 20th. All those that can be there please be there. My offer to take 1 to 3 more people if you're around the Webster, Ma. area still stands.

Just a reminder that this is coming this Monday the 20th. All those that can be there please be there. My offer to take 1 to 3 more people if you're around the Webster, Ma. area still stands.

Thanks for bumping this. I'll be there.

Wondering about the change of venue. Maybe 2 reasons:

First, the senior center was packed and possibly over capacity. Props to all who showed up, as we were clearly in the majority by a landslide. I think it made quite an impression on the board. Change of venue for more capacity.

Second, the new location is at the Sr./Jr. High cafeteria. Note that it's a school, and that Mass law prohibits firearms on school grounds. School grounds includes the parking lot- so be advised. Probably I can take off the tinfoil for a moment and consider that there probably are not a lot of pubic buildings with large capacity and number of attendees is the issue. However, perhaps someone who planned the meeting was aware of the carry laws for schools. Still would like to know who the hell was taking pics of license plates last time.

till would like to know who the hell was taking pics of license plates last time.
Probably someone who wants to blame support for Granby on outside agitators.
However, perhaps someone who planned the meeting was aware of the carry laws for schools.
In my town, and previous town, school auditoriums were the most common places for large meetings, town meeting, etc. Not a tin foil situation.

Still would like to know who the hell was taking pics of license plates last time.

Someone or some group looking to intimidate I suppose, I guess someone could photograph them and their plates or everyone should take their plates off and toss them in their trunks. Although that may have the unintended effect of generating lots of revenue for the town or a tow company.

Gonna try and make it. My daughter may be coming home from the NICU Monday. If that’s the case I won’t be eacaping the house for a while.

Gonna try and make it. My daughter may be coming home from the NICU Monday. If that’s the case I won’t be eacaping the house for a while.

I admire your dedication but there are times when family must come first.

Just a reminder that this is tonight: The Granby Board of Appeals will hold a postponed Public Hearing from October 23, 2017 on November 20, 2017 at the Granby Senior-Junior High School Cafeteria, 385 East State Street, Granby MA 01033. 6:30 PM- to consider the petition of Justin Raphaelson, Esq. on behalf of the Granby Bow and Gun Club Inc. seeking an appeal of the Board of Selectmen’s decision, acting as the Zoning Enforcement officer dated September 6, 2017 with regards to 85 Chicopee Street, known as Map 15 Parcels C3,4,5,6,7,9,20,11 and 12 in the Town of Granby, MA. In addition to the above hearing, the Board of Appeals intends to conduct a public meeting following said hearings as time permits.

Ill be there with a few buddies. Hope they dont pull the same stunt as last time by postponing after the room was filled.

Hope everyone can present themselves as professional and respectful again as well, on both sides.

Stuck late at work, so won't be able to make it this time. Thanks very much to all who can! Good luck to the club…

71d958a3-be84-4a42-a208-951aba7df2d7.jpg
Hello Everyone,

Mark Your Calendar

ZBA Meeting 12/18

PLEASE attend the hearing. The ZBA will be discussing and voting on our appeal. We need as many members and friends to come to the hearing as possible. PLEASE PLAN ON ARRIVING EARLY SO WE CAN SEAT MEMBERS / SUPPORTERS IN THE FRONT....THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

THE TIME AND LOCATION OF THE HEARING IS TBA. WE WILL LET YOU KNOW ASAP, BUT WE WANTED YOU TO HAVE THE DATE.

71d958a3-be84-4a42-a208-951aba7df2d7.jpg
Hello Everyone,

Mark Your Calendar

ZBA Meeting 12/18

PLEASE attend the hearing. The ZBA will be discussing and voting on our appeal. We need as many members and friends to come to the hearing as possible. PLEASE PLAN ON ARRIVING EARLY SO WE CAN SEAT MEMBERS / SUPPORTERS IN THE FRONT....THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

THE TIME AND LOCATION OF THE HEARING IS TBA. WE WILL LET YOU KNOW ASAP, BUT WE WANTED YOU TO HAVE THE DATE.

Bump if you are "watching/subscribed" to the thread. OP could use a title update. The up-to-date thread: Selectmen order Granby Bow and Gun Club to shut down controversial half-mile-long

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom