Sig p938 re-assemble

I just picked up a p938. This little gun is a tough one to re-assemble. I finally had to watch a video to see what the heck the problem was. The guide rod would stick out after re-assembly, I'd pull it apart and rinse and repeat, same issue. Then I watched a video about pushing the barrel down. Now I need 3 hands, hold the ejector down, hold the barrel down, hold the slide back and then insert the pin. Maybe it gets easier after a few times.

I got rid of my P938 several months ago, but as I recall, that was caused by the hole in the frame not lined up properly with the barrel. I cleaned that gun at least a dozen times, and never got 100% with that.

It does get easier to assemble with practice. Once you have the barrel and guide rod back in the slide, simply slide the slide back on to the frame, don't worry about the pin just yet. Slide the slide all way back and depress the ejector down. The slide will now be engaged on the frame and will not come off. Now just move the slide back slightly and you will see the barrel hole through the hole in the frame where the pin goes, just put the pin a little way into that hole to engage the barrel. Now the barrel is locked in place, slide the slide back and insert the pin all the way.

harry

It does get easier to assemble with practice. Once you have the barrel and guide rod back in the slide, simply slide the slide back on to the frame, don't worry about the pin just yet. Slide the slide all way back and depress the ejector down. The slide will now be engaged on the frame and will not come off. Now just move the slide back slightly and you will see the barrel hole through the hole in the frame where the pin goes, just put the pin a little way into that hole to engage the barrel. Now the barrel is locked in place, slide the slide back and insert the pin all the way.

harry

Ok thanks. That sounds easier than doing all things at once.

harry

^This - exactly^ Follow what HarryPottar says and you'll be just fine - just cleaned mine last Friday following the same flow chart with no issues.

I've had my 938 apart more times than I can remember however I do know that what your trying to do is incorrect. Treat it like a 1911, assembly the upper then slide it onto the frame as HarryPottar stated.

Back
Top Bottom