.300 BLACKOUT

There's an article about .300 blackout in the premiere issue of Recoil magazine, mentioned in another thread.

Barnes & Noble (though the one I went to was out) and Wally World carry the magazine. Good read.

Yes, I shot one (suppressed) several weeks ago while I was in Maine. Pretty cool that you can use the standard AR mags but the ammo is very expensive. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Anyone have any experience with this round in an AR platform?

Talk to me

THANKS-DOWNWIND[smile]

I have a 300 upper made by Noveske and I am quite impressed with the round. The only factory ammo I could get at the time was the 220 gr subsonic and it has a very mild report even without a surpressor at the indoor range I use.
When the weather gets better I'm planning to go to an outdoor range to see if it's even quieter outside.
I have 220 rounds of factory ammo but I have made a boatload of brass from 223 cases. Easiest way I've found to form brass is with a file and trim die and cut off the excess with a sawsall and fine tooth blade file to clean up and deburr. Took about a week but I have 1500 cases made and ready to go

I ordered a 9" AAC upper yesterday for my SBR in .300 BLK. Good ammo is expensive right now but that goes for most rounds. Riley's had CMMG 147gr ammo for $19.95/box of 20 which isn't terrible but i'd like to find someplace that stocks the Remington UMC for normal range use. I'm a reloader so I ordered some reloading dies and brass as well. Nice thing is that .300 BLK uses .308 bullets, small rifle primers and brass can be made from .223/5.56 so finding supplies for reloading is easy.

Upper should be in tomorrow so i'm psyched :)

Seems an interesting round. Definitely check out Recoil, awesome mag. Had an article about it. Cover to cover, nothing but good stuff.

I have an upper coming in in a day or two (couldn't wait for the tax stamps on the 9" and suppressor so got a 16.5"). I shot one a couple of weeks ago both supersonic unsuppressed and subsonic suppressed, fell in love with it immediately. I found a CMMG upper on www.thegunandgearstore.com , now out of stock. From what I hear S&W has it in 300 whisper (Hornady's copy of the BLK). Ammo isn't too badly priced if you can find it, subsonic and match about the same at approx 90 cents a round but decent price on cheap target rounds approx 63 cents a round. Remmington has a lighter bullet 115gr for about the same price. Try www.pnwarms.com (midway states they will be supplying PNW ammo soon also), decent prices, I got two boxes of bulk but just looked and they are out of stock. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom