• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bolt handle snapped off my .300WM

Send a photo to Remington and ask they if they will send you a new bolt... or, would they like to see that photo showing up ALL OVER THE INTERNET...
Doing this now

EDIT: Remington is now doing business as RemArms, they said to call them back once I have the SN on hand.

Last edited:
Nothing ventured... nothing gained.

Good for you for putting in the call...

Try Micro Arc Welding in the Worcester area. Re-weld will likely be cheaper than a new bolt plus headspacing job. DO NOT simply buy a new bolt without having a qualified gunsmith check the headspacing. 300 WM is not a round to F around and find out.

J-B Weld.
I have used JB for the simplest of tasks before, in my opinion, it is overrated piece of sh*t. No way it will work for the bolt.

Broc, how did you use JB weld? ...
I once used it on a front sight for a gun that was shooting way too low. I went home and put some JB weld on (I was going to replace the sight). I wanted to see what height sight I needed (roughly).

2 days later at the range, the POS JB weld fell off.

First and last time using JB weld.

I have used JB for the simplest of tasks before, in my opinion, it is overrated piece of sh*t. No way it will work for the bolt.

Broc, wlhow dis you use JB weld? ...
Ionece used it on a front sight for a gun that was shooting way too low. I went home and put some KB weld on (I was.gping to replace the sight). I wanted to see what height sight I needed (roughly).

2 days later attention range, the POS JB weld fell off.

First and last time using JB weld.
Dictated by @Broc to his typist floyed Mayweather

Back
Top Bottom