• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3 July Westfield USPSA Classifier 6 Stateg

"And when you're gone, you stay gone"
like Marsellus said;
Who gives a f#^% about you?
NOBODY!

PS
By the way, Lopez & I shot in NY last Saturday,
all hi caps were welcome, stop hiding, come out of the closet!

You were in NY shooting and you didn't stop by. Well, now I'm offended.

I wanna go!!!! Can someone tell me what club this is at? I feel stupid asking, but i didn't see it listed.....
I shoot limited, if anyone cares! Glock 21. ^.^

Is it politically correct to ask which classifier stages will be used in the match?

I didn't really see a POC on the Westfield Practical shooters site.

David E.

Is it politically correct to ask which classifier stages will be used in the match?

I didn't really see a POC on the Westfield Practical shooters site.

David E.
David,
You can ask, but, I doubt you'll get an answer. They may not decide on what classifiers until that morning.

what's the minimum round count for this event? still trying to figure out if I have time to go to this. thanks in advance. I'm a newb to this stuff like dirtypacman. thanks in advance.

Sometimes classifiers are short, "burner" type, stages... I'm planning on shooting twice (Single Stack and Revolver), all with .45 ACP. I'm hoping that about 300 or so will be enough for two runs. Do any of the orgainzers of the match have an idea yet of estimated round count?

Sometimes classifiers are short, "burner" type, stages... I'm planning on shooting twice (Single Stack and Revolver), all with .45 ACP. I'm hoping that about 300 or so will be enough for two runs. Do any of the orgainzers of the match have an idea yet of estimated round count?

how does shooting two different sets of gear work? do you have two separate outer belts, one setup for each gun and just shoot a stage with the SS belt, then take it off and put the revolver belt on and do it again?

how does shooting two different sets of gear work? do you have two separate outer belts, one setup for each gun and just shoot a stage with the SS belt, then take it off and put the revolver belt on and do it again?
Depends on the match. Sometimes you shoot twice in the same squad, other (most) times you squad up twice and go through the whole match twice. I did the belt switch thing at Independent last Saturday to shoot single stack and open.
Damn, I gotta clean those guns one of these days. The open gun which usually runs flawlessly started failing to fully eject on the second stage. I remembered that I hadn't cleaned it since before LAST year's WOS match and then shot it in the mini-walls last month. I ran to the safe area and dripped some CLP into it and it ran great for the last stage. I doubt I'll make Westfield but will try.

Don't think I am going to be able to make the trip out on Sunday. I figured my weekend would be clear but that is not the case. Its for the better anyhow I need to practice more and make sure I am safely competing. :) Good luck to all those that will be attending.

Bring the gear for both divisions. They'll tell you how they want to do it.

For Revolver I have a dedicated outer belt with a race holster and moonclip server. For Single Stack I would use just the belt on my pants and place the mag carriers on that. If this match is going to require us to shoot both guns in the same squad then I probably will end up just shooting one gun - it would be too much of a hassle to be swapping out gear six times...

Hopefully they will run everyone once then whoever wants to shoot a second gun can go again. The benefit to doing it this way is the folks that are only shooting one gun don't have to stand around waiting for others in the match to do everything twice... Once and done - you are all set to leave... Second gun, stick around for a longer day.

It matters little which of the classifier stages are set up. They are all fairly short courses with little movement. (Not difficult as far as USPSA stages go)
Just show up, read the course description, and then shoot it. Quickly get as many points on the targets as you can and you will do well.

As with all tests, I would rather be prepared. This will be my second USPSA match so I'm still trying to figure out the completely different concepts of shooting from IDPA. This whole "there is the stage, go shoot it" is foreign to me.

As with all tests, I would rather be prepared. This will be my second USPSA match so I'm still trying to figure out the completely different concepts of shooting from IDPA. This whole "there is the stage, go shoot it" is foreign to me.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-classifier-list.php

It will be one of these, practice your turn THEN draw, strong hand weak hand and your reload. Do a few draws from sitting and draws off a table and you will have just about everything covered

Last edited:
USPSA leans much more heavily to allow the individual to solve the give problem in their own way. Kind of like "here's where you work, get there the way you want" It's why a lot of long time USPSA shooters harass IDPA devotees.
The same course can be shot multiple ways, depending on the division and rounds in a gun. (remember, you can drop a mag with ammo in it)

This match will be easy since the classifiers are pretty regimented. As Mike said, the basic elements that will cover 90% of classifiers:
relatively narrow target array at 7-10 yards, some with hardcover, some with no-shoots
draw, surrender draw, turn THEN draw
6 reload 6, 6 reload 6 SHO, 6 reload 6 WHO.
SHO draw, draw and transfer to weak hand.

So I plan to write down my scores. Is there a way/website that I can plug my numbers into to get an idea of what my classification will be?

Thanks,
David E.

P.S. Not sure I can even shoot without my fishing vest![wink]
IDPA Guy here.

Back
Top Bottom