3/27/23 Nashville School Shooting

Requires an account, so quoted below. Just a knee-jerk reaction - training a week after a mass shooting. Still shaking the tree, Boss…

“The Rutherford County Board of Education announced that all schools in its jurisdiction will be closed to students for security reviews on Monday, in response to The Covenant School shooting in Nashville.

Director of Schools Jimmy Sullivan said principals, teachers and support staff will use Monday to "debrief the situation that occurred in Nashville and review all safety procedures before students return," in a message to parents, students and staff on Saturday.

Schools were closed countywide last week for Spring Break.

"We’ve heard from many parents and employees with questions about our own procedures and safety measures," Sullivan said. "We have many items and practices in place to increase safety in our schools, including routine drills, controlled access to buildings, armed School Resource Officers, and a robust partnership with law enforcement."

This affects dozens of elementary, middle and high schools in Rutherford County, which includes Murfreesboro, La Vergne and Smyrna. However, Murfreesboro-city schools have not cancelled classes.

"Students will be out of school Monday while our safety teams within each building will review safety procedures with all building employees," Sullivan said. "Again, students will not report to school until Tuesday, April 4.

This affects dozens of elementary, middle and high schools in Rutherford County, which includes Murfreesboro, La Vergne and Smyrna. However, Murfreesboro-city schools have not cancelled classes.

"Students will be out of school Monday while our safety teams within each building will review safety procedures with all building employees," Sullivan said. "Again, students will not report to school until Tuesday, April 4.”

This week I spoke to a few more Nashville PD friends who were on the scene. The new insight from those conversations was how many psychological casualties we have among those in uniform.

One fought tears as he said, "I was there when the families were being reunited with students. That mother screaming as she learned her daughter was killed will never stop haunting me. My wife told me this week she's concerned about how much more I've been drinking."

Another said he walked into a bathroom to find a dozen police inside crying on each other's shoulders.

Another said, "One of my guys who grabbed a kid with a gunshot to the head immediately broke down after evacuating her. He's expecting his first in a few months. I don't think he'll be back."

The city couldn't be more proud of them but those involved wish they could just forget the whole experience.

Wow the CMT just wasted 3 minutes pushing gun control at the start rather than remembering the victims and calling out the evil of the perpetrator. Good way to take a giant flaming shit on your audience.
I shouldn't have looked. I miss Country and Western music from the 60s to the 90s.

You mean this girl? Her opening dedication is below.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CqjufC0I9MT/

View: https://twitter.com/KelseaCentral/status/1642681398258434049?cxt=HHwWgoCw5eiB_cstAAAA

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqjd3A8J13L/

I had some fun yesterday. A family member on Faceplany posted a Meme about how they support 2nd graders over the second amendment. I posted the pic of a teacher with a gun protecting her students and then I watched the hilarity ensue. Liberal heads were exploding. Though I did get more agreement then I thought I would. I’d glide in and give them a class on what an assault weapon was and then bail again. It was entertaining to say the least.

One thing they continue to misrepresent is NO one has passed a law regarding what an ADULT can do with their body as far as transgendering.
Stay away from kids !!

I’m not sure I buy the below stats on suicidality - the numbers seem high for “straight” youths, even if high for LGBT. Rand calculates the odds of Mass Shooters in the US population at 1 in 50 million or 0.4% of all firearms homicides - very, very rare. Only 2-3-fold higher for firearms suicides. In 2020, there were 46k suicides and 1.2 million suicide attempts, so any increase in Mass Killer odds amongst suicidal people, LGBT or not, is still awfully small. You can’t round them all up. If “extended background checks” for fNICS 18-21yr are not found to sift out more of these cases, then they would be proven as useless as we know them to be. Statistically, such extended background checks would deny more LGBT and even more minority LGBT, which have even higher suicidality risks. But I’m sure they are reviewing details for equity…

“Nearly half of LGBTQ youth seriously considered attempting suicide in the past year, according to a survey from the Trevor Project.”

7080F962-FE30-4AB1-B549-9935488738BE.jpeg

This week I spoke to a few more Nashville PD friends who were on the scene. The new insight from those conversations was how many psychological casualties we have among those in uniform.

One fought tears as he said, "I was there when the families were being reunited with students. That mother screaming as she learned her daughter was killed will never stop haunting me. My wife told me this week she's concerned about how much more I've been drinking."

Another said he walked into a bathroom to find a dozen police inside crying on each other's shoulders.

Another said, "One of my guys who grabbed a kid with a gunshot to the head immediately broke down after evacuating her. He's expecting his first in a few months. I don't think he'll be back."

The city couldn't be more proud of them but those involved wish they could just forget the whole experience.
The aftermath of a mass killing focuses on “reunification” of parents/loved ones and survivors. It was done well in Nashville, compared to past events, as they really planned and trained well. Police and teachers/administrators are NOT supposed to be involved in that reunification process, as they are traumatized too. But the hours-long school/business clearing process after a mass shooting overlaps the reunification process, so LE will get help last/later.

Our local PD in SoNH has one of a few trained “comfort dogs” in NH and that dog goes to PDs after they deal with a tragedy. The handling officer noted that a room full of somber cops, just debriefed after a parent stabbed their two kids to death, turned into laugher/crying when the dog got in the room. It‘s start to the PTSD treatment process that nobody refuses.

Our CERT volunteers are going through “Mental Health First Aid” and “Aftermath” training to help with the transition from tragedy to safety to reunification, as there are just too few trained and capable professionals to make it work. Those that organize the reunification sites are way too short on uninvolved staff and people who shouldn’t be there (police, EMT, teachers, administrators) get tapped to do what they won’t do well. There’s no role envisioned in working with police directly. Unfortunately, responding LE will be served little and late.

I'll never forget the look on my EMT neighbor's face as a young teen when he dumped to my dad that he had to deal with a little girl who fell off her father's lap while mowing the lawn.
The kid was close in age to his daughter and lost her legs in the accident

You could see that the guy was absolutely broken and needed help - don't think there was any available at that time for health workers/police.

I’ll have to think about this one - are “communities” only those in physical proximity with common practices, norms and values?? NES is a forum of often like-minded people but doesn’t seem to function as a “community” by most standards.

“Community” is one of those words that have been hijacked and ruined like “preferred,” “appropriation,” and “equity” among other things...In the wake of the Nashville shooting, of course, we’ve heard much about the aftershocks that have affected the “trans community.”

…There are many problems with this reaction — perhaps most fundamentally, that there is no such thing as the “trans community.” There has been a proliferation of ersatz communities in recent years, typically marching under the collective banner of “marginalized communities.”…There are genuine, longstanding gay communities in neighborhoods of American cities…It’s manifestly absurd to consider a disparate group of people constituting less than one half of 1 percent of the population spread out across the entirety of the country — from diverse walks of life and in different situations regarding their trans status — as a community.

…The emphasis on faux community is obviously a function of identity politics. It is an attempt to play on our natural sense that communities deserve representation, and a way to flatten all members of a large group and subsume them into a single entity that progressives, and only progressives, can speak for…
Of course, if someone started referring to “the white community,” and expected collective emotions attributed to it to be accepted at face value and its political and social demands to be met, this would be considered ludicrous on the one hand and noxious on the other.

America in the 21st century needs more community, just not the kind that is on offer.”

Days after Nashville shooting, Wyoming Dem sides with Antifa, implies supporting gun violence against those who oppose 'trans' agenda
Just days after a woman who identified as transgender gunned down six people at a Christian elementary school in Nashville, Tennessee, a state representative in Wyoming has implicitly called for more gun violence against those who oppose the agenda of "trans folks."

Over the weekend, Wyoming state Rep. Karlee Provenza (D-Laramie), the state House's 33-year-old Democrat minority whip, posted a controversial graphic to her Face
book account, @Provenza4Wyoming. The image depicts an elderly woman named "Auntie Fa" carrying a rifle in the name of protecting "trans folks against fascists & bigots."

Days after Nashville shooting, Wyoming Dem sides with Antifa, implies supporting gun violence against those who oppose 'trans' agenda

Very classy .
Exactly what you would expect from these people.

I'll never forget the look on my EMT neighbor's face as a young teen when he dumped to my dad that he had to deal with a little girl who fell off her father's lap while mowing the lawn.
The kid was close in age to his daughter and lost her legs in the accident

You could see that the guy was absolutely broken and needed help - don't think there was any available at that time for health workers/police.
Pretty much nothing affects me much anymore except stuff with kids.
It always did and always will.
It puts a hole in your soul.

A "textbook" mass killing by FBI standards - just waiting to hear about the various clues ignored by friends, family, coworkers, therapists, etc., over months and years.

"The shooter in last week's deadly attack at a private Christian school in Nashville planned it for months, police said Monday.

Audrey Hale outlined plans "to commit mass murder at The Covenant School" in journals police found in the shooter's car and bedroom after the March 27 attack that killed six people, the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said."

A "textbook" mass killing by FBI standards - just waiting to hear about the various clues ignored by friends, family, coworkers, therapists, etc., over months and years.
Ignored by therapists, or...

wind_up_business_walking_md_nwm_v2.gif

"The shooter in last week's deadly attack at a private Christian school in Nashville planned it for months, police said Monday.

Audrey Hale outlined plans "to commit mass murder at The Covenant School" in journals police found in the shooter's car and bedroom after the March 27 attack that killed six people, the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said."
I saw this in the link.

“Police said the shooter, who acted alone, fired 152 rounds — 126 of them 5.56 rifle rounds and 26 of them 9 mm rounds.”

I only saw the sub 2k in the vids I saw. There was a slung ar, so could be.

Obviously spray and pray.

One Glock happy stick and 2+ 30’s for the ar.

I shouldn't have looked. I miss Country and Western music from the 60s to the 90s.

View: https://twitter.com/KelseaCentral/status/1642681398258434049?cxt=HHwWgoCw5eiB_cstAAAA

I stopped watching, but I read tonight that the entire CMT Awards was basically a woke orgy victory celebration that they've managed to capture and destroy yet another cultural institution and f*** on it like a bear skin rug.

One thing they continue to misrepresent is NO one has passed a law regarding what an ADULT can do with their body as far as transgendering.
Stay away from kids !!
Kids, in my opinion should not be altering their bodies that way. Be an adult and I zero interest in stopping you. Your body, your choice, to coin (or misappropriate) a phrase.

That said, they fear the same thing we do about gun control. Meaning the laws might apply to kids now, but five, ten years from now, will that boundary be pushed?

If we accept a new awb but only for really killy rifles, will gentle rifles be next, followed by pistols?

Valid fear but my instinct is that a child isn't capable of making that informed decision.

SSR-EYES good tap dancing Jesus

Well, looks like she just joined Maren Morris. Very disappointed in Kels. Have been a big fan since Dibs and Peter Pan. Saw her live once. No more.

Also didn’t want the CMT awards this year, used to, and it Used to be one of the only ones that wasn’t clouded by political
BS. Looks like the liberals ruined that too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom