Seriously ? Would you like to get a M60A1 to commute to work too ?
View attachment 106697

If I worked in Downtown Brockton this would be very comforting to have.

The only clubs that can allow full-auto are clubs with a class A club license - not a cllass B club license.

Fred

I hope you're kidding. Only one club on the North Shore (TTBOMK) is dumb enough to have obtained a Club Class A LTC and still maintains it.

At any rate this is not true at all. BR&P isn't even legally eligible to obtain a Club Class A LTC (it's a 501 (c)3 and thus has no shareholders, a requirement to obtain a Club Class A LTC) and allows MGs (but you need permission each time you want to shoot-a PITA). Mansfield F&G allows it (you just need to be screened once) and has no club license.

There are only two valid reasons for issuance, Collector and Instructor. The restriction is pretty much meaningless for most practical purposes as an MG owner. (although I wouldn't want to know the level of political hell you'd encounter in court if you carried/used one in self defense in MA, I'm normally not a big fan of ayoobisms and other pant shitting hysterics AT ALL but I would think that this would be a problem in MA. )

-Mike

Well, I knew someone who after being threatened kept a MG at home for protection. He held a "green card", he showed it to me and told me about the incident. This was >30 yrs ago however.

Stupid question. You have a "Collector" restrictions. But can you still carry it concealed?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

"Colector" is not a restriction. I'ts the reason for issue. Life was easier when these licences used "Reason for issue" Jack.

Thank you for the clarification. I would be interested in getting one of those. I need to do some research and see what s involved.

Thank you for the clarification. I would be interested in getting one of those. I need to do some research and see what s involved.

Call the PD and tell them that you would like the license and what do they require. Don't bring up the C&R FFL if they don't. It has nothing to do with machine guns. Just because it has the word "Collector" in the title, some dimwit wanted it to be a requirement. You might as well be a collector of doorknobs for all the difference it makes. Jack.

What's the cost for the license? Always wanted to own a 1929 Auto Ordnance.

If you're looking to buy a Thompson (or pretty much any transferable MG), the cost of the license is insignificant in comparison to the cost of the gun. In any case, I think it's $100, same as an LTC.

Thanks all. This is what the regulations define a collector:
A "bona fide collector of firearms," for the purpose of issuance of a machine gun license, shall be defined as an individual who acquires firearms for such lawful purposes as historical significance, display, research, lecturing, demonstration, test firing, investment or other like purpose.

So I guess that answers my question. As a collector, I can not only collect, but also display, research, lecture, demonstration, as well as test fire the thing.

Now comes the 2nd challenge: to have my wife give me a permit to burn through a lot of cash to actually purchase a machine gun. I have a feeling that will be much more difficult...

Now that will be as easy as asking Bloomturd for a mg license in NYC.

Thanks all. This is what the regulations define a collector:

A "bona fide collector of firearms," for the purpose of issuance of a machine gun license, shall be defined as an individual who acquires firearms for such lawful purposes as historical significance, display, research, lecturing, demonstration, test firing, investment or other like purpose.

So I guess that answers my question. As a collector, I can not only collect, but also display, research, lecture, demonstration, as well as test fire the thing.
Mine says the same thing (and I'm not a police instructor, so I wouldn't even qualify under that prerequisite).

Frankly, I don't think it's considered a restriction per se by the licensing authority, but rather just a place on the face of the license to put down the issuing basis, collector or instructor.

Back
Top Bottom