.22 Upper Need advice or opinions

Brent

NES Member
I am looking at getting a .22 upper for my AR-15 so I can shoot during the winter..

I have visited Compass Lakes site and DPMS. CLE lists theirs for around $900 to $1100 for the upper along with 2 magazines and a single load mag. DPMS lists theirs for around $550 and I dont see anywhere saying it includes mags and such so that would all need to be purchased in addition.

Any thoughts? Anyone have any experience with the DPMS uppers with accuracy and such vs CLE?

Just want to get an idea on both before I justify spending $$.

Or just buy from MidwayUSA. And these are YOUR prices, not dealer.

DPMS Upper Assembly AR-15 AP4 Upper with Bolt Carrier Assembly and 10-Round Magazine 22 Long Rifle 1 in 16" Twist 16" Chrome Moly Matte Pre-Ban
Product #: 498275
Our Price: $449.99
Compare at: $507.99 You save $58.00!

DPMS Upper Assembly AR-15 Lo-Pro Flattop Upper with Bolt Carrier Assembly and 10-Round Magazine 22 Long Rifle 1 in 16" Twist 16" Bull Chrome Moly Matte
Product #: 134865
Our Price: $385.99

Nickle, The uppers you picked are not the CMP These cost more than the A4's due to the free Float tube and match grade barrel. Even at Midway a C&R dealer account will save you 15 bucks over the the retail cost, enough to pay for shipping

The CMP/DCM model adds about $100 bucks to cost.

Huh??

Am I missing something here?

I didn't know that CMP allowed use of .22LR in their DCM matches?

I always considered the .22LR barrel on an AR15 to be a plinking gun, for cheap practice sessions that don't break the bank in ammo costs.

Len,

Brent is looking for a DCM .22 upper to shoot small bore matches with and practice for high power. They make them just for that purpose, the only difference between the two is the barrel.

Derek,

Thanks that is a new one on me. Everyone I knew who talked about the .22LR barrel was just looking for a cheap plinker.

OK, newly educated answer! [lol]

Brownells, pg. 2 20" .22LR CMP upper $474.67 with C&R FFL, $593.33 without the C&R FFL. .22LR mags $19.35 and $24.17 respectively.

We told you that EVERYONE should get a C&R FFL!

Do you think it takes long to make back the $30/3 year fee for the C&R FFL just ordering parts from the handful of vendors who give you the wholesale price for having it?

Oh, those companies don't offer a C&R FFL discount, they offer a FFL discount, and honor the C&R FFL, since it's an FFL.

SO, you'll be paying the same prices that I do. And seeing that you're in Marxichussetts, if you don't get a C&R, you should be thinking of checking into the nearest Menatal Health facility for treatment, because, you MAY be CRAZY!

HINT, you'll get your $30 back in savings on ammo ALONE! Plus the fact that you should be able to get it shipped to you in Mass.

Back
Top Bottom