• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Ok, well I've had that training you're wrong about what needed to happen.
you can have that training, not have that training, doesn't matter. fact is the local law enforcement was underequipped to move in on the barricaded suspect, which is why they didn't simple as that.

I asked because you seem to know police SOP for barricaded suspects.

Just doesn't seem like it would be SOP to sit around and wait for a gunman inside an elementary school full of kids to make the first/wrong move.
Their SOP was given that way so they wouldn't lose officer lives trying to move in on a better equipped, positioned individual.

I asked because you seem to know police SOP for barricaded suspects.

Just doesn't seem like it would be SOP to sit around and wait for a gunman inside an elementary school full of kids to make the first/wrong move.

It seems fairly obvious to a normal human that a predator systematically attacking trapped children needs to be immediately put down. If you aren't a sheep dog, you shouldn't be allowed to be an officer.

I would be fine arresting and prosecuting every officer that didn't go in for murder.

fact is the local law enforcement was underequipped to move in on the barricaded suspect
No, no they weren't.

You're a soulless lawyer so I don't expect you to understand. I don't really care either if you agree or not. But what I definitely don't want is for someone else here to read your pussy bullshit and think it's correct.

Might be the "correct" thing for some a**h*** behind a desk. But not for hard dicks.

Next time someone screams 'PLEASE WHY WON'T THEY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!' remind them - The Fourteenth Amendment does not require the state to intervene in protecting residents from actions of private parties that may infringe on their life, liberty, and property.

AFAIK, no tear gas, no smoke, no better equipment that could overpower the suspect, ESPECIALLY when barricaded.

100% meaningless when it's your job and kids are dying. Get the f*** in the building and absorb some bullets.

For the record I put the teachers in the same exact light. EVERY f***ING ADULT IN THAT SCHOOL SHOULD BE RUNNING TOWARDS THE SHOOTER.

So the cops sitting around outside didn't have rifles?
what, are you gonna start firing in the windows at the suspect maybe with kids alive and still inside? the cops didn't know if the guy still had hostages. you can't just start firing 5.56 into the classroom. also, he just has a better position. it's like assaulting a cement fort.

Look at it from another point of view, would a fire captain allow family members to run into a fully involved house? Not if he could prevent it. At least no fire captain I ever worked with, I'm sure you can find one somewhere. I guess is a better way of putting it.

While that is true, that same captain I am 100% certain would run in there alone and make the attempt if there were children in there even if he was sure it would cause his own death. The situations are not the same, and those cops sitting around and not doing the right thing own a lot of blame if the news I am seeing is true.

what, are you gonna start firing in the windows at the suspect maybe with kids alive and still inside? the cops didn't know if the guy still had hostages. you can't just start firing 5.56 into the classroom. also, he just has a better position. it's like assaulting a cement fort.

So forgive the cops and blame the weapon. What side of the typical criminal trial do you usually sit on?

100% meaningless when it's your job and kids are dying. Get the f*** in the building and absorb some bullets.

For the record I put the teachers in the same exact light. EVERY f***ING ADULT IN THAT SCHOOL SHOULD BE RUNNING TOWARDS THE SHOOTER.
if they moved in on him, they likely thought he'd kill hostages, if there were any that survived.

you can have that training, not have that training, doesn't matter. fact is the local law enforcement was underequipped to move in on the barricaded suspect, which is why they didn't simple as that.
What is that based on , other than your opinion? The police had body armor, they had similar if not better rifles, that had the element of surprise, they outnumbered him. So again I’d ask what is your statement based on other than your opinion.

if they moved in on him, they likely thought he'd kill hostages, if there were any that survived.
Cops really thought a 18 year old man who walked into an elementary school and already fired shots inside was gonna then spare other children and use them as bank robbery style negotiating leverage? Trololol retard alert.

What is that based on , other than your opinion? The police had body armor, they had similar if not better rifles, that had the element of surprise, they outnumbered him. So again I’d ask what is your statement based on other than your opinion.
think for maybe one minute about what the term barricaded means, along with the word "cover" and "hostages". there you go.

Their SOP was given that way so they wouldn't lose officer lives trying to move in on a better equipped, positioned individual.
It's called the fatal funnel, breeching the door with a shooter in a corner of the room. We don't know if the shooting of the kids was finished and the perp was just shooting at the cops outside the room. The Cops are NOT Seal Team 6, I wasn't there so everything is speculation until we hear from IC and cops that were in school.

Cops really thought a 18 year old man who walked into an elementary school and already fired shots inside was gonna then spare other children and use them as bank robbery style negotiating leverage? Trololol retard alert.
it's happened before, you buffoon. columbine shooters had kids in the cafeteria that they spared for some reason.

Did you figure out how an 18yo, from a poor family, can afford to buy a gun, two rifles, and ammunition? all on their birthday? Daniel Defense is a $2000+ rifle, even in free states. the second AR was no cheap-o-matic either. omni controls, good guard. I don't know what pistol he had but I wouldn't be surprised if it's something >$1000.
Non-DD AR was a Springfield Armory “Saint”. Around $1K MSRP.

Good. Die if you must. Do your f***ing job.
Not with the current law enforcement mission statement.

1. collect revenue for the state
2. investigate crimes that have already taken place

Get the Supreme Court to reverse the decision that said 'cops have no obligation to put themselves in harm's way and protect you' - change it to 'cops are obligated to put the lives of the American people before their own', make them swear an oath like doctor's do with that do no harm shit. Any cop later found to have been a coward in a situation that they could have put in the minimal effort will be shit canned and no pension 4 u.

think for maybe one minute about what the term barricaded means, along with the word "cover" and "hostages". there you go.

...okay. I'll bite.

If you buy that argument, and I can see how some might, then how long do you wait before you realize your decision is not helping?

Five minutes? Ten? Twenty?

Any way you slice it, doesn't forty-fifty seem excessive?

It's called the fatal funnel, breeching the door with a shooter in a corner of the room. We don't know if the shooting of the kids was finished and the perp was just shooting at the cops outside the room. The Cops are NOT Seal Team 6, I wasn't there so everything is speculation until we hear from IC and cops that were in school.
Oh no. We might end up with a couple dead cops and a couple fewer dead kids?

What an awful trade.

it's happened before, you buffoon. columbine shooters had kids in the cafeteria that they spared for some reason.
The columbine guys spared some people they encountered in the school cause those people were later interviewed and said they were kind to them. Be nice to people, show respect and don't be a douchenozzle and bully and you 'might' have a chance to live. Tell me, sir, what did these kids do to the 18 year old man to deserve a death sentence?

Back
Top Bottom