• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2013 Mass. Classic

Monson Action Shooters will be holding a 10-Stage "No-Tape" match June 29th & 30th. Competitors don't have to tape or set steel - just come and shoot and relax! Match is limited to the first 120 shooters.

Information and application can be found at the following link.

http://www.massclassic.com/

Last edited:
Haven't seen too much chatter about the match this weekend.
Who is shooting and what day?
I am set for Saturday.

Good luck everyone!
Steve

Sunday here. I hear Team Bacon will be well represented as well. Lots of production shooters... sweet!

I shot the match yesterday (Friday). A fun match, with interesting stages. Nothing was "tricky," but the stages were always challenging.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Many thanks to everyone working at Monson today. The ROs, scorekeepers, tapers, and everyone involved with the planning and setup, thank you all for a great match.

Great match. Good stages. Thanks to all the folks who put on this match and RO'd, taped, and scored.

BTW, what is the deal with cell coverage at Monson? This was my first match there (b/c it is a haul). Is there any carrier that gets reception? Is there a phone in the little club house?

BTW, what is the deal with cell coverage at Monson? This was my first match there (b/c it is a haul). Is there any carrier that gets reception? Is there a phone in the little club house?

You don't get down to New Bedford much, do you? I can't get anything down there. My sprint phone had a usable signal, my verizon phone not so much.

Who made the grand entrance flying the helicopter in?
I was hoping maybe next time they could come pick me up in Maine and save me the almost 5 hour drive each way :)
Great match, it was worth the trip. To bad my 1911 extractor decided to put the screws to me at the match. Where's my Glock?

Match moved great, think we were done by 3 and that included a lunch break. Nice to shoot with you today Steve, will make sure you have magazines next time :)

Huge thank you to Doc and the entire crew, including all the Scouts who worked all day. This was an absolutely terrific match. Great variety. Nice high round count. Thank you also to the many sponsors, and for me especially, Chris and Judith at Guns and Gear.

Yes it was a great match. Def did not feel like a level one match either. The stages were great. Challenging and had multiple ways to shoot them. I had an awesome time.

I really never settled down on this match, though. I had a couple good stages, a bunch that were OK, and two that were complete meltdowns. The worst for me being the "Sit and Think" stage. My plan went to hell on the first array and then I dropped a mag off my belt while grabbing the one in front of it. It was a mess. Luckily, I somehow managed to shoot the stage with no penalties.

Nice job on the match guys!

ETA: Stage footage: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLspEtkYA1Jm2-dWjRvfVMr3ZW0Tw5EDlR

BTW: I was in awe driving by the tornado damage path on the road to the range. I had to snap a couple pix. Gave me an eerie feeling when I saw it.

Last edited:
Kudos to everyone who contributed to a great match. It's hard to believe the Monson crew put so many great stages into so few bays. Thank you especially to Doc and Paula for getting me into the match at the last minute. I also shot with a great squad - thanks guys.

Just curious to see which stage people liked the most? I liked stage 1 the best, I really like doors.

Steve

I guess that would be 'The Thinker' - don't know why ;) .

Yes it was a great match. Def did not feel like a level one match either. The stages were great. Challenging and with multiple ways to shoot them. I had an awesome time.

I really never settled down on this match, though. I had a couple good stages, a bunch that were OK, and two that were complete meltdowns. The worst for me being the "Sit and Think" stage. My plan went to hell on the first array and then I dropped a mag off my belt while grabbing the one in front of it. It was a mess. Luckily, I somehow managed to shoot the stage with no penalties.

Nice job on the match guys!

BTW: I was in awe driving by the tornado damage path on the road to the range. I had to snap a couple pix. Gave me an eerie feeling when I saw it.

I agree with Matt on the first paragraph. Very cool stuff.

Unlike Matt I'll focus on my best stage which was stage 6. :) I came close to first A but I need to keep training harder! Damn where did all those Masters come from?? Yikes.

I lived in West Texas as a kid and have been through a few tornados - it's an experience you never forget. The scariest one I went through was in South Carolina 30 years ago. I was older and I knew what was coming. The thought crossed my mind that I might not make it through. It wasn't so much that it was scary - you just knew that you had very little say about the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom