Range: Harvard Sportsmen's Club

Address: Littleton County Rd., Harvard, MA

When: April 21-22
June 17 (Sunday) One Day
August 4-5
October 6-7

Range Fee: None

Camping available: not on site.

Hotels: Several on rt. 2 and 495. Check your favorite hotel website.

Directions: Take I-495 (in Massachusets) to Route 2 west. Immediately take exit 39. Turn left at the end of the ramp onto Taylor St. Take your first left onto Porter Rd. and follow it to the end. At the end of Porter Rd., turn left onto Whitcomb Ave. (Whitcomb Ave. becomes Littleton County Road). After 1.3 miles, look for a driveway on the left side (small sign, dirt road, easy to miss). If you reach Old Schoolhouse Hill Rd. or Cleaves Hill Rd., you've gone too far.

GPS: N42 30.919 W71 31.953

State Laws to be aware of: Your rifle must be locked unloaded in your trunk or other secured container. Handguns may be possessed ONLY with a Massachusetts Class A License To Carry with either "None" or "All Lawful Purposes" for Reason for Issuance. - if you're from out of state, you need a MA non-resident LTC. MA has NO reciprocity with any other state. No "assault weapons" - we still have an AWB that is the same thing as the old Federal AWB. ARs cannot have a flash hider, collapsible stock or a bayonet lug unless they are "pre-ban." High capacity magazines must be pre-ban as well. Non-residents CANNOT purchase ammo in this state. They have to bring it with them... or go to New Hampshire overnight. Check other State Laws.

What to Bring: Please see the following list of items to bring to your Appleseed event - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=101.0

Misc: What better place to be a Rifleman? A stone's throw from Lexington and Concord. See the re-enactments at dawn. Walk the Old North Bridge by sunset. Eat dinner across the street from Sam Whittemore's position.

We shoot a lot. Bring 1000 rounds+ If you bring less, that's fine, just pace yourself over the weekend.

No alcohol permitted

For More Information Contact: Private Message to "Lupis42" or "Lima Tango" on the Appleseed forum.

Registration Link: April 21-22 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3028084081
June 17 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3028130219
Aug 04-05 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3028102135
Oct 06-07 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3028114171

Last edited:
YES! I will verify the dates and I supposed to be going with Diane. So I will get us signed up as soon as I confirm.

Oh, goody. I'll start practicing my best [STRIKE= ]R. Lee Ermey imitation. "Now you're mine, maggot!!"[/STRIKE] Isaac Davis imitation: "I haven't a man who's afraid to go!"

Oh, goody. I'll start practicing my best [STRIKE= ]R. Lee Ermey imitation. "Now you're mine, maggot!!"[/STRIKE] Isaac Davis imitation: "I haven't a man who's afraid to go!"

Haha :) I look forward to being torn down to the core and built back as a real riflemen!

That's exactly it. Basically we do it for folks who either work on Saturdays or because of their religion can't make it on Saturday.

I'm interested in helping out more this year now that I have a schedule that will allow me to do so. Any word on what is going on?

There's still room to walk-in tomorrow as a shooter! Be there between 8 and 8:30 AM.

Doing my best to still work it out, I have to get coverage from my calls at this point its not looking as good for me :(
I may still be able to come along and if I need to walk away a few times to deal with work so be it.

Attended the Appleseed Saturday only shoot, great day. Excellent instruction, and a good history lesson as well. Picked up new techniques and managed to get my Rifleman Patch.

Thanks to all who make this possible.

Just noticed that there is one August 4, which is next weekend. It may be too soon, but I was wondering about bringing a few guys to look at what this is all about to see if it is something to do or emulate at our club. Would it be possible to observe for a few hours?

I finally signed up and paid for this weekend's Appleseed (August 4-5). If there is anyone else planning to go from the Medford/Somerville area, PM me, perhaps we can carpool. Otherwise, I'll see you there!

Just noticed that there is one August 4, which is next weekend. It may be too soon, but I was wondering about bringing a few guys to look at what this is all about to see if it is something to do or emulate at our club. Would it be possible to observe for a few hours?

Just sign in with the Shoot Boss and sign waivers and you can observe all you want. Why not bring a rifle, ammo, mags, eye & ear pro & a shooting pad and sign up for the day? Get there by 8:30.

I had a great time this weekend and learned a hell of a lot about rifle marksmanship, thanks to all the instructors!

I had a great time this weekend and learned a hell of a lot about rifle marksmanship, thanks to all the instructors!

+1 to that.

Didn't quite make Rifleman my first time, but I will definitely be coming back in the future. I can not recommend Appleseed highly enough!

I got an email a few days ago from projectappleseed saying that there will be a special Appleseed event on April 20/21. Does anyone have any more details one what exactly will be going on?

The weekend closest to April 19 is always the biggest Appleseed weekend. I **HIGHLY** recommend attending, regardless of your skills. Bring your kids, bring your wife/gf, bring your friends. This country needs more riflemen, and fewer cooks.

The crew at Harvard was simply superb.....you'll learn as much about history as you do about marksmanship.

Bumping old thread...
Anyone know the hours of the Harvard Appleseed (this weekend 8/3-8/4?) I know it starts at 8:30am but wondering when the Saturday event ends. Thanks

The weekend closest to April 19 is always the biggest Appleseed weekend. I **HIGHLY** recommend attending, regardless of your skills. Bring your kids, bring your wife/gf, bring your friends. This country needs more riflemen, and fewer cooks.

The crew at Harvard was simply superb.....you'll learn as much about history as you do about marksmanship.

Absolutely. Dan, Matt, and the others are fantastic. I'm trying to get my neice there, and being 15, she's getting stubborn, lol. I might force the wife to do this, for no other reason than "because". [thumbsup]

Bumping old thread...
Anyone know the hours of the Harvard Appleseed (this weekend 8/3-8/4?) I know it starts at 8:30am but wondering when the Saturday event ends. Thanks

Anyone going to this? Online registration is supposed to close 24 hours before it starts but I tried today and it's gone already. It says you can register at the door but I'm wondering if it's full or something.

Anyone going to this? Online registration is supposed to close 24 hours before it starts but I tried today and it's gone already. It says you can register at the door but I'm wondering if it's full or something.

Well, i see what happened now. The organizer just replied to me that they had to cancel due to a shortage of instructors. That's too bad.

Yeah, a real bummer! There is a shoot in CT in two weeks, not sure I can make it. I was really looking forward to my first Appleseed... oh well, maybe in September!

Back
Top Bottom